Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Huge wheeling event Aug 31-Sept 2

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Jul 5, 2002.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

In Knoxville Iowa. Its $50 for the whole weekend and I think $10 for each passenger. There are showers available, a band saturday night and a hog roast. Its on roughly 300 acres and has the only rock garden in the state of Iowa /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . This is considered one of the best events of the year. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will have mine done and plan on rippin' up some trails!
    (treading lightly of course /forums/images/icons/smile.gif )

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds interesting... any place on the web for more info?

-Dan

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

http://www.miobi.org/ is their website, its lame though. I dont know if they will have any info up at all, check out the pictures section for some of the obsticales.

4. KRAZIE87K5

Looks like there are some great obstacles! Some serious flexing opportunities, huh?!!! $50 for the weekend? I might try to make that... depends how far it is from Chicago though. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

-Dan

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

a good 3-4 hours from chi town.

6. KRAZIE87K5

Not too bad... same or closer than Attica. As long as it doesn't conflict with the "Midewst K5 Summer Thing" - I think I can make that! Let me put that on the "maybe" calander.

-Dan

7. KRAZIE87K5

HEY! I JUST now looked at the calandar, and noticed that those dates fall on a Wed-Fri! Thought this was a "weekend" Fri-Sun kinda dealeo?!!! Damn... not sure that I can make it - if it is really on those dates.

Let me know!

-Dan

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I think you may be in the wrong year. Aug 31st is on a saturday and sept 2 is labor day. So its saturday, sunday and monday is a holiday.
    Brent

9. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

It is Labor Day Weekend. Let me know if you are coming, you will pass right by on the way. Plus, I know a short cut now. When I went down there in April, I made the mistake of going across the bridge over Red Rock when it was windy as he!!. The Burb didn't like that too well. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Can't say that I did either.

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Okay Okay, I guess I will have to go to this one. Didn't realise Knoxville was so close to Kirksville, MO. My parents live there. Anyway, that should give me incentive to get the dual case installed and many other mods. Where do I sign up? Any more info on the run? Who do we contact?

Checked out that site and didnt see any run info.

11. KRAZIE87K5

Hehehehe... guess I should look at the right month huh? I was looking at July, not August! Ooops! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Anywho, count me in as long as the summer run doesn't conflict! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Rodzilla - Let me know when and where I can meet you. We'll do that for sure! Hope I can get my shims installed before then! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I have a "little" vibe around 55mph right now... need a little pinion down motion in the rear!

-Dan

12. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

As far as I know you show up with your wallet open. Ill make sure. Check out http://www.ci4wi.org for some pictures of howiepalooza, the pics realy are not that good.
    Brent

13. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

This sounds like a great run, man I wish my trail only rig would be ready by then!!! I can't wait to get this thing done. Oh well maybe I'll just take the daily driver out there /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Will have to check on when I can get down there. Hopefully I can get a few days off for preperation and recovery! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Will Keep Ya Posted.

15. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

You have to consider who was hosting the party! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Howie is a cool dude for a Bronco owner. But, I remember when he owned a full top Blazer. So, I guess he can't be all bad.

16. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Why dont we all meet somewhere before hand..maybe at the lake or somthing?
    Brent

17. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I might try to make this. The wife will be on call so we will not get going to grand lake for that weekend. I will be free and my brother in law might be here so... i think i might leave town. how far from KC?

18. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

3-3.5 Hrs.

19. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Anyone wanting to go should think about getting there friday evening to get a good camping spot (if you want to camp) as long as there are 3 rigs we could go wheeling fridaynight too... Also I am checking to see if there is a cheaper rate for registering early.
    Brent

20. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Sounds Good. We will have to hash out the details. Trying to get a couple of other guys that are "Computer Impaired" rounded up.