Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hugger Orange paint

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kabarer, May 11, 2004.

1. kabarer

kabarer Registered Member

I am painting my 72 k5 hugger orange and I found a store around boston that sells it, but it is a little over 300 a gallon.

Anyone know if theres a place online I can get it cheaper? It has to be hugger orange though, no cheap knockoffs. I really love that color. Hugger orange with a black hard top ...nice.

2. GMC

GMC 1/2 ton status

My blazer is orange with a black top. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm not sure where to find paint cheap though.

3. biobry

biobry Registered Member

My '71 C10 Stepside was Hugger Orange and Black...My 76 K5 is currently orange and white, soon to be Hugger Orange...There is no better color!

Bryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I used to mix dupont automotive paint a few years ago in middleboro and taunton mass.I think a local store like allied auto or other small parts/paint stores can do better than 300 a gallon. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifI havent bought any paint lately(other than Rustoleum from home depot or farm tractor enamel from south shore tractor--25 bucks a gallon and its TOUGH stuff!)Even the most expensive red paint I used to mix was around 100 to 150 a gallon,excluding hardener,reducer,etc.This does not apply to basecoat/clearcoat or any polyurethane paint like Imron.Also if your short on cash,call around and see if they have any paint they "goofed"on while mixing,you may get lucky and find some very close to the color you want--we used to just about give it away--but beware its a pain to match it later if you need to touch up.If I were you I'd be on my way to the farm store for a gallon of Allis Chalmers Orange--it was good enough for the General Lee! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. kabarer

kabarer Registered Member

haha thanks for the tips. Can you guys post pics of your hugger orange blazers? I love having them...think they look badass. specially first gens.