Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Humble newbie says hello

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bosifus, Sep 1, 2000.

1. bosifus

bosifus Registered Member

Hi all I have been reading these threads for quite a while now and I have to say this is the best board around hands down. Unfortunately I do not have a Blazer but I do own a 86 1/2 ton 4x4 sb with 6" of lift and 35's. I hope noone minds this as this board is the best around and I would'nt want to step on any toes. I do love my Chevy and have been thinkin bout gettin rid of the truck and startin all over with a blazer but the thought of givin her up (cracked frame and all) is almost too much to bear after all the blood and time into it as I have. Maybe with enough OT that will change, I can get a Blazer too. (new huntin rig maybe) Anyways hello to all and again I hope you all don't mind if I hang out.

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Welcome aboard ! Post some pics of your Suburban. I'm looking forward to seeing you kick off the 2000 season of Monday Night Football !

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

3. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

IS Sb short bed or suburban

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Welcome! Come on in. Kick back. And join the fun

[​IMG]
    Get Out and VOTE!

5. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

All I have is a pile of parts that if put back together it would add up to a K5. So who am I to say that someone with a rolling rig doesn`t belong here.
    Welcome to the site!

6. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

7. bosifus

It is a shortbed, but all my friends thought it was a Blazer when I had a canopie on it....The truck is a custom deluxe and when I bought it 5 years ago I paid 5 grand for it and it was stock. I quickly put a 350 in it after 2 weeks the 305 puked on me. Since then I have put in a 6 in skyjacker lift with a 4 in body lift regeared the front and back ends to 4.10's, a new built 700r4, msd ignition, edelbrock intake and carb, headers with a 2.5in dual exhaust ,flowmasters with 35 in Remington mud brutes (siped) and a warn 8000 upright sitttin in the front. After all that and some wheelin I am gettin ready to redo the rear end (stock 10 bolt front and rear)Realign my fenders and hood and pull the tree dings and throw some paint on it cause it is in bad shape and I am getting some rust (mostly surface)I pulled the body lift about 2 months ago and put some nerf bars on it. Anyone have problems after pulling a body lift? The truck bed sits right but I had to use some washers to put the cab back into alignment. Correct me if wrong but I think the body mounts up front got beat up or something.I also plan on putting a posi in the rear (daily driver)but can't decide whether or not to leave the 10 bolt. I personally have never had problems with the 10 bolts but I try not to beat her too hard cause I have to make it to work the next day. The only real compaint I have with the truck is the frame has cracked over every shock mount badly. The only place it has'nt is at the steering box (go figure eh?) and I have been considering boxing it rather than getting a new frame. Anyways sorry for the long post but I wanted to give you guys some info on it. As soon as I can I will post some pics. Appreciate the welcome too by the way!

8. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

Welcome, the more the merryer and your right this is the best board around. Sounds like you got a nice trail-blazin machine. Warning this site is addictive, be very careful[​IMG].

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Hey, welcome aboard.

My Blazer's frame has been cracked at the shock mounts. I don't know how bad yours is, but mine was fixed with some high-quality welding. It's way cheaper and easier than changing or boxing your frame.

Good luck and keep posting.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

10. No K5 !! No Problem !! I gotta Burb !!

Great to have any new member to bring some more Chevy knowledge to the board. I myself drive an 88 Burb on 38's! Here it is if you wanna take a look !
    http://sites.netscape.net/bigburb88/homepage

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

11. bosifus

Re: No K5 !! No Problem !! I gotta Burb !!

I have been thinking about welding up the frame cracks but my welding skills leave something to be desired to say the least, I would have to do some practicing that is for sure but hey a new welder sure would be a welcome addition to the shop at the very least! I know if I end up doing this I probably will have to add some metal in strategic places as this thing has to be pretty weak by now.
    Hey Burb that is one bad a$$ Burban you have yourself !! I went looking at digital cameras this weekend so I could post some pics but man some are really spendy. Anyone recomend a good mid priced brand that wont break the bank?

12. Re: No K5 !! No Problem !! I gotta Burb !!

I bought a used one last year for 100 bucks, that may be an idea. It isn't what I want, but it does the job. You can always get a scanner and do it that way too. I started out with a scanner that I found on onsale.com for 30 bucks and 7 for S&H. It took awhile of bidding on one before I won the bid though. If you have never welded then I would suggest you leave it up to a professional. A welder is always a good addition to any shop or garage !

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

13. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

Re: No K5 !! No Problem !!

<font color=purple>Welcome to the board, I have not been here long myself, but I have been reading through the posts, to read up on things that I need to learn about. Before I really need to do the work. Anyway I bought a HP camera (I think it was 299+ tax), and it is pretty decent. The only thing that I have to do is resize the pictures, once I download them to the computer (no sweat). But it does take pretty good pics for the price. - Steve</font color=purple>
    http://www.sosamantx.coloradok5.com/

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html