Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hummer 12 bolt rim questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, Oct 14, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have a chance to get some 12 bolt hummer rims. no run flats or any thing extra. just the rims. do i need the run flats or not? and were do i get a good deal on the nuts to hold them together? and last thay have orings correct? and if so who has good deals on them. thanks guys.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

You will need the runflats or similar to make them function as double beadlock wheels. So you can get the rubber runflats, mag runflats or the inserts that USA6x6/Stazworks sale to have double beadlocks.

I've bought my O'rings for mine through Rank & File. I have the number somewhere, but will have to dig for it. You might try a google search to see if they have a web site.

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Pretty much what he said. They won't function, hold air or hold the bead without O-rings (which should be with them) and the runflats (or an insert that replaces the runflats). The 2 pieces of the wheel sandwich the tire on each side of the runflat or insert to make the bead sealed & locked.

4. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

IIRC the nuts are 5/8" NF stovers. you can buy those just about anywhere, nothing special.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

The rim will function like a normal 16.5" rim with out the insert. You would still need orings to seal the 2 halves together. Without an insert there will be NO beadlock function.

Ira

6. sweetk30

thanks guys. it looks like thay got away from me at this time tho. :(

yep thay were a small little stupid ebay add. not much action. but some found it. 4 brand new never mounted 12 bolt hummer rims just down the road from me. started at 20 bucks. went for 202.50 .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  7. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

$50 each is a good price on the 12-bolt H1s. I have seen them commanly priced at about $100 each.

8. sweetk30

i know that. but i realy dont need them now. but it would have been nice to grab them for the 20 all 4 deal to start. :o