Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hummer Kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblock44k5, Jun 30, 2004.

1. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Ive been looking around for hummer kits for my 79 but the only place I have found is Urban Gorilla. They just dont seem to look as much like a hummer as the bummer used to. Does anyone know of any other companies selling a hummer kit for our trucks? Thanks
    Ken

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

bummer I know got bought out and shut down, think there were a few others as well. sooo good luck

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine just bought the Urban Gorrila body and it looks very much like the real thing. Thats the only one that I know of anymore. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The SWB kits for Blazers don't look like real Hummers 'cuz they're two feet short. The LWB kits for Burbs and pickups are right on (Burb @ 129.5" wb is right about the Hummer's 130 or 131".)

-- A

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

go search on google and pull up tatonka products or bummer
    the same company still sells them just under a different name.

if you have seen the new grunt and runt fiberglass bodys that fit an S10 blazer and a larger one that fits a K5 in one of the older 4wheel adventures magazine from 4WP they have a real good write up on them and they are very unique.

it is the same company that made the bummers originaly.

there are also tons of military surplus companys that are selling the original bodys that will fit a K5 frame easily so there are tons of options.

oh I forgot you will also find aluminum hummer look a like bodys out there to.

6. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

That was Four Wheeler Magazines project Blazer. They sold the K5 body and installed a Tatonka bummer kit, Tatonka doesn't exist anymore /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

And a search for Tatonka reveals same named companies for meats, bicycles, camping gear, kennels . All bummer kit related links are to people wondering where they went or older articles and reviews /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That was Four Wheeler Magazines project Blazer. They sold the K5 body and installed a Tatonka bummer kit, Tatonka doesn't exist anymore /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

And a search for Tatonka reveals same named companies for meats, bicycles, camping gear, kennels . All bummer kit related links are to people wondering where they went or older articles and reviews /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do remember the article that you are talking about from way back when.

but the same people out of the salt lake area had opened up another company selling a new kit that mates to S10 blazers and full size K5s that is called the grunt and the runt they are very cool looking little rigs.

they also were at moab this year for the safari and stopped and talked to our group I think steven from ORD knows them because they were talking for quite a while when we were rolling tobys blazer back on to its wheels in the big hot tub on hells.

I will do a search and try to find the new companys.

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Cool, I would love a link if you can dig it up. Can't afford one now, but was thinking about a future project /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

they are very expensive.
    before I did my truggy conversion and made my own 4 seater I was looking very seriously into one of these and I was amazed to find there are still a couple of companys out there making them.

im still trying to find the talk forum on google but not having much luck.

there is a hummer forum and on there it has a kit forum where there are tons of these bodies floating around the U.S still for sale.
    if I remember correctly there was a company in florida still making them and another one that was doing aluminum replica bodies.

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status