Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hummer on 39.5 TSL's calls K5 for help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mr.Chevy4x4, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hummer on 39.5 TSL\'s calls K5 for help

This is my buddies K5 attempting to pull out another friends stuck Hummer. The Hummer is on 39.5 TSL's believe it or not! It is still stuck as of this morning. We are going to make another trip out to try to free it before we call in the big dogs.

[​IMG]

The soft spot he is in is the only one in the area! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Mike

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Hummer on 39.5 TSL\'s calls K5 for help

bring a shovel and something on tracks, that thing weighs about 6500+ lbs, and is burried over the frame. not trying to diss a K-5, but thats going to be tough for any rig to pull out.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

That thing is sunk! Your going to need something bigger or lots of digging I bet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Looks like LOTS of digging! Now I don't feel so bad about lunching my rig a couple of days before last Christmas! Except I was in snow. I spent 3 or 4 hours digging. We broke every strap we had and I made up a few new curse words /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

That thing is STUCK!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Where was that picture taken? Oh yeah, good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

It is in Montgomery in an area that everyone use to ride dirt bike and four wheelers before it was developed. There is a school in front of the area where the Hummer is stuck. Yep, already broke 3 straps and got a new F250 FX4 stuck. The K5 is the only thing that hasn't been stuck. Yep, lots of digging, a high lift jack, and probably a bigger truck. Problem is the only way to get back there is through a steep ditch that is about 7 feet deep. He wanted to call a tow truck but there is no way they could get back there. Looks like it is going to be a long day! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Mike

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

looks like a fun ride till it stoped!!

8. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Yeah I agree, bring along a BIG dozer! I did so much damage to my truck pulling on a hummer in that same situation, I'll never do it again. Or maybe find another hummer owner who'd go out there and try tugging on it for a few days! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you have enough room, try making a tow train. Strap several vehicles together in a straight line, then slowy tug with all the trucks pulling at the same time. I helped drag an International Travelall out of some muck like that using the train method. It was a 2WD with the old I-beam front end. It was sitting completely on the frame and the front I-beam was acting as a dozer blade. We drug him out very easily with 16-wheel-drive. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

awhile back whn a few of s went to wheelin we came across a jeep up tp its doors in a wash. 4 HRS+1 high lift jack+a couple hundreds ball sized rocks + a winch+ a three heep train and a broken shovel and one lost shoe in the mud and we got the stock jeep out. This was some seriouse goo, we kept getting our boddies stuck many times up to our hips.

and to top it off it started poring rain, that night the same spot was covered a under a few feet f water, his jeep would have been submerged.

but in the end we saved a 2001 heep and the owner learned his limits and not to wheel alone

11. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Problem is when hummers get stuck they have all that flat area underneth that creates one hell of a suction. lots of digging is the only thing thats going to get it out. A dozer would work but, will probally cuase some damage to the hummer. oh well, you wanna play sometimes you got to pay.

12. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I'd destroy it,but then again we are not in a combat situation /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I know what would get that thing out...a 2.5 ton transporter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Time to get someone with a big winch and a lot of weight attached to it!!! Or a 4wd Backhoe!!!

14. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i dont think a k-5 will never be able to get that thing out. If you have acses to one try using a burb or crew cab. Those things atleast equal the hummer in wieght. Oh and i bet hummers wiegh closer 7500lbs (they are only maginally smaller than a Ford Excurtion and they wiegh7700lbs)

15. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

BRING A LOADER
    or lots of straps and lots of truck hook them all to hit and to each other /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif