Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hummer question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by aknight_sa, Oct 7, 2006.

1. aknight_sa

aknight_sa 1/2 ton status

hi guys,

i know this is not a hummer forum...but you guys know your engines.. i found a guy who has 4 H1 hummers for sale for a really cheap price (around $1500 each) the only thing about them is that they dont have engines... so i was thinking of i took one or two of them and installed a big block 454 engine in them and sell them for a much higher price.. as they are sold here for around $10000

should i get them!!

thanks

2. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

No they are pretty junky, but I guess I could take a few off your hands..:laugh: :laugh: . Just kidding, yeah most of the time the bad link of the humvee is considered to be the anemic engine. So yeah, if you installed a fuel injected big block, or a cummins or a duramax, then you would be able to pull in quite a bit more than $10k a piece. $1500 a piece is an unbelievable price BTW

Regards,
    Remington

3. 85 Jimmy

85 Jimmy Sheepdog Premium Member

depends on the year, but you should be able to get way more than $10,000 a piece easy

i'm a tech at a hummer dealership and we get people with H1's that barely run come in here all the time saying that they just bought it and spent over $50,000 for them (and they are real pieces of ****)

4. aknight_sa

aknight_sa 1/2 ton status

i'm still trying to get information about them, and i dont know the year.. i have just called the guy who told me about them and he said they are the old types which were used by the military...

man i want to buy all 4 of them!! and will still keep my Jimmy

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Interesting. Do they have a title? DOD won't sell them* because they don't have NHTSA certification. *Now after saying that, I know a few made it to auction block early on (the ban arrived about the time the civvy Hummer came to market :rolleyes: ) and the Marine Corps & selected ARNG's have ignored the DOD ban. If they were sold as scrap, they one's I've seen are just that! Usually stripped of most of the suspension pieces or damaged beyond economical repair.

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Look at his location.
    I doubt that he cared what our DOD thinks about the DEMIL status of a HMMWV.