Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hummer rims and tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I'm going to score some 36/12.5/16.5 hummer runflats with beadlocked rims for next to nothing,almost free /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I'm thinking on using them as street tires when I get my 39.5"s TSL's but what could I do with the rims? could I use them? somone told me they wont because of there offset? if so how much are they worth if I went to resell the whole package?? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

The rims are not useless, you have to get the offset changed to a more usable backspacing so they will work on your truck. The stock backspacing on a hummer wheel is 7" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif there are several companies that will modify them to almost any backspacing so they will work or they will send you new centers to you can do it your self.

If you don't want to mess with them you could sell them for around 300 to 400 for all four as long as they are complete. Meaning they have all the runflats, o'rings, studs and nuts and everything is in good condition /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hope this helps.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. MUD JUNKIE

everything is there and the tires are about 95%

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Find some dually axles. The deep offset hummer wheels are perfect for off setting the wide offset of the dually axles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MUD JUNKIE

what about he front? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> They fit perfect on a dually D60. Get the 73" wide cube van rear 14 bolt and you're in business. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

7. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

Hey Junkie I see yer from St Pete. I just moved from there. Man almost nowhere to go down there for mud. My truck is real close to yours. You may have seen it look at my specs and it was painted a weird aqua green. I use to hang around the st pete side of the Gandy and Howard Franklin for the little bit of tire spinning that could be found. Actually got my truck stuck the first time I had it in 4x4 in that area by the Howard Franklin where everybody rides dirt bikes. If you want a challenge just look for the big pine tree about halfway down that strip and there is a hole between some mangroves. Man you couldnt see both of my rear 38.5x16 swampers and my rear bumper was under the mud. Had to call a tow truck cause I didnt know anybody in the area.

8. MUD JUNKIE

theres a couple places to go you just gotta know where /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    I dont like hanging out at gandy because of the cops and the saltwater,theres a small area by the dog track we just found thats got some nastey mud,then theres the area by the dump of 28th street,also 118th and us19,and a place up where they used to build missile parts in largo,that place is sick /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif why did you move?

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

You could always just give them to me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

I worked at the JAC so I knew most of the LEOs in Pinellas county. Man I lived at The Coves of Brighton Bay apts across from the dog track and I cant think of anywhere near that had mud cause I was lookin hard. Basicly I moved back home. Me and my wife graduated from college and found jobs down that way for something to do and she got tired of it after a while so we came back this way. Figure it wont be long and well be back that way. If so I plan on lookin ya up. The snook have damn sure been calling my name.

11. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    They fit perfect on a dually D60. Get the 73" wide cube van rear 14 bolt and you're in business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anybody tried this? Have any pics?

Thanks

12. MUD JUNKIE

the dead end road where the barneys motorcycles is,right down the street is a dead end and thats where it is,its pretty small now that I think of it,prolly 4 acres and alot of atv"ers go out there,kinda sucks but a good place to root back there to get thoose damm things stuck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.giflook me up if your ever around

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I haven't seen it yet, but if I were to do my 1 ton swap over again I would go this route. I see no reason why it wouldn't work, the Dually front axle is 4" wider on each side, the 77" (sorry for the typo earlier) rear is about 5" wider on each side. They were in cube vans and I've also heard that the late model DRW pickups are about that width also. I had to change the offset on my Hummer wheels 4.25" to make them work right on my SRW D60 and 14 bolt, so the wider axles should work great with stock offset Hummer wheels. Running this axle combo would make the front and rear track widths match as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

14. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Pardon the ignorance, but is a cube van the ones that are delivery type vans, usually 2WD? Kinda like a UPS or FedEx van?

Also, I assume you are talking about a single rear axle? I guess the best thing to do is just measure?

Thanks

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cube van is like a moving van, IIRC. I've heard that a late model dually rear is around the same width as well. </font color>

16. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Do you know if this width was offered in a FF14B or was it only the D70? This is the set up I am doing on my '80. Right now I have a SRW 14 and had planned to run the rear rims backward w/ a dually lug nut plate (you know the part I mean?) so there will be a tapered seat. I would rather swap my gears and Detroit into a wider housing.