Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hummer rims or not?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazd88, Jan 9, 2005.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

so iv still got this drw dana 60 but still not enough extra cash to just throw at new srw rotor hub assemblies. some of you had mentioned putting uncentered hummer rims and leaving it drw. what is the going rate for good beadlocked hummer rims and what do i do about my 14bolt thats a normal width? thanx

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I run the hummer rims on the drw D60 and it puts the tires right back in the fenders. As far as price for hummer rims go, that depends. I got mine for free... white-rhyno runs the drw d60/hummer rims as well and I think that he is in his rims about 4bills or so. He also runs the srw 14bolt in the back and has a wheel spacer to push the wheels back out. I run the dually D70 in the back w/ no spacers.

I think you can probably get the hummer rims/beadlock inserts/and a drw d70 or wheel spacers cheaper than you can buy standard beadlock wheels, unless you wanna get the do it yourself ones.

3. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Yea, i wish i only had 400 into mine..... They only cost me 200 buck for all five. Then i needed the inserts to make them a beadlock. ANother 200 bucks, then i found it necessary to have them powder coated. ANother 200 bucks. Still cheaper then stazworks double beadlocks. I am however running a 4" spacer in the back, they dont give those away.....

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well if you were to pony up for a membership.
    there is a guy here selling h1 rims, with a runflat and tire ( but he wont ship the tires) for 50 bucks a peice!!

you could then recenter two of the rims and run them on the back.

or trade you 14 to someone with a 70 or something so you dont have to recenter them.

5. white-rhyno

before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, I was saying 400 for the wheels and inserts to make them workable beadlocks... that powdercoating was all extra $hit just for the BLING factor!!!:grin:

7. white-rhyno

what good would they be without BLING BLING?

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ANTI-BLING :D

9. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Scrounge up a 14 bolt out of a van - they are couple inches wider too.

10. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not to flame you or anything, but do a search on this topic and you will find that it has been done. I ran a GM DRW D60 front axle, that is 76.5"wide with unaltered H1 Hummer rims and a standard width GM 14B rear axle, which was 67.5" wide with 2.5" steel wheel spacers on the rear. The spacers made the axle 72.5" wide overall. This combination worked well and also was relatively cheap. I am presently building a Van 14B rear axle to use. It is 3" wider than the truck version. I will be using the wheel spacers still, but now the overall width of the rear axle will be 75.5". The one thing I like about this set up is the fact that you can purchase DRW D60 cheaper and you can get replacement Hummer wheels easy with out the need to have them recentered. I may have pictures of my setup if you want to see them.

11. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I second what k5blt4fun said. Here is a pic of the suburban with drw front hubs and billet steel 3.5inch rear spacers.
    [​IMG]

12. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I've almost completed my setup on the 77 Dodge M880 I have. It has a Dodge D60 up front converted to a dually using GM dually hubs. Out back is a Van width 14FF from a 1 ton van. Will be running 12 bolt style stock hummer rims and with the Dodge housing be a little narrower than a GM 60 they should be pretty close in WMS to WMS.

Eric

13. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

i have a membership!

14. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My dodge 60 is the same width as a truck 14ff without the spacers so you might be up to 3"s off.