Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hummer Rims, Wheel Spacers & Prices

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTMike, Feb 6, 2006.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I've searched and searched and searched, and found lots of stuff with not the right information I'm looking for.

I recently acquired a nice set of 12-bolt H1 rims for not too much dough (Thanks MNorby!) As y'all know, they have ~7" of backspacing which won't work on normal SRW axles, so obviously I need a solution.

I know they can be recentered, and from searching I've learned not to deal with USA6x6. I see Stazworks sells new centers but offers no prices on their website. I'd like to also look into running 3" or 4" 8b-8b spacers, but cannot find prices on them or even anyone who doesn't sell high-bling aluminum ones in case I come across a DRW D60 front and can just run the front wheels w/out spacer/new centers.

Help! Where should I go to find big spacers. What about other options on recentering? Will a D70 DRW hub work on a 14BFF?

Thanks!

2. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

It says I need to register or log in to view the topic.

Can you copy/paste it in here?

4. jmd4x4

jmd4x4 1/2 ton status

Its alot of pics to just cut and paste. Try this link and see if it works, it should give yu the tech page. If I were you I would just order the pressed centers from USA6X6 and weld them in your self or have some one do it for you its not that hard.
    http://austink5.net/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=15
    later
    jmd

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

"TonyP" used to sell some spacers.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

The front spacers off a 90s (ugly body style) dodge 4x4 dually are about 5" and bolt onto a SRW axle normaly. They look like they will fit over a D60 hub, they are what I plan to use. IFS Chevy 4x4 duallies use spacers like this too. I dont know if 2wd versions of either truck use the same hub but I am going to check this weekend, cause I have a 2wd C/k chevy dually parts truck.

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I know the mid-90's style Dodge dually front wheel spacers have about a 3.5" inner diameter and are about 4.5" tall. I tried a set of later model bolt-on spacers off a Dodge dually (probably '02-'03 model) and they would not fit on a standard front D60 because the locking hub body was too large....from memory I think those spacers even had a smaller center bore. I don't know the diameter of a D60 hub off hand though to compare. Obviously those spacers don't even come close to fitting on a rear full-floating axle because the center bore is way too small to fit over the full-floating hub.

I've used the aftermarket aluminum spacers in the past (rear axle to even out track-width) with no issues. The reason they make them out of aluminum is to keep the weight down. That style spacer made out of steel would be very heavy.

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Tonyp's were steel and IIRC he was selling them for $500.

I wanted to buy a set but never came up w/ the cash.

9. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I'm running a set of TonyP's 8-6 lug adapters. They're made out of that T44044 (?) aluminum stuff. I've put between 30-35,000 miles one them with absolutely no problems. I was lucky, I got the second to last set he ever sold.

10. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well dang there goes that idear. Back to the drawing boards.

11. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I honestly think that the pressed centers are the way to go. I have heard of a couple people bending the plate centers. I know of all the negativity around usa6x6, but I ordered my pressed centers from them and had them with in 2 weeks. I think if oyu are ordering just parts from them its ok. Now if you were to send your rims to him to be recentered that might be where the issues come up. If you are not down for the recentering task find someone local that can weld them up for you. Mine is trailer, but have gotten it up to 50mph and no vibes from the rims.

12. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the info, Guys. I registered on AustinK5 to see that thread - AWESOME writeup!!!!

I'm probably gonna just order the usa6x6 stamped centers and have my buddy help me install them. At ~$30/pop it'll be worth a shot.

13. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

hurry up and get it done then show us your pics. i promise you will love them and if you dont just send them to me lol.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I agree pressed centers and you pretty much have to deal with USA 6x6 but have heard nothing but good about the pressed centers from them. They don't make them, have them made and sell them.

You will spend WAY WAY more(as I think you realize now) on spacers than you would on pressed centers. Of course you have to have someone competent weld them up. They are the way I am going with my H1s.

15. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I also got a smokin deal on some H1's and was thinking of ways to get my Eaton rear a tad wider (if I convert my Dodge D60 to DRW it'd be 75", my Eaton is 65"). I was wandering thru the local JY and found these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm thinkin about goin back and snappin them up.

16. jmd4x4

jmd4x4 1/2 ton status

Yes Dott did a great job on the write up. The only thing that does not have to be done that he did in his write up is weld all the away around the pressed center. You only need about 8 welds about 2in long in between each hole of teh rim. I have done a cuple of sets and its not that hard and I use the press centers from USA6X6.

later
    jmd