Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hummer rims?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Dec 3, 2001.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

i have an 85 k5 with d60 and 14corp and i am wondering if hummer rims will work. I have a hook up for hummer rims and they come with runflats and they are cheap. Anyone know of a blzer that runs them? What do you think about running them?

2. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

The hummer rims have 7"+ backspacing and will hit on the D-60 steering knuckles before you even get the lug nuts on,max backspace on the 60 is around 5 1/2" maybe 6".
    They will bolt on the 14bolt though!
    I have a set that I bought to mess around with and see what I could do to use them and decided that it wasnt worth the hassle.

RGF

3. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

If your rims have the runflats, I might be interested in buying them from you. Wanna sell 'em?

--Rob

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

According to my brother who is in the National Guard, the runflat is just a metal or hard rubber ring on the inside of the rim which keeps the tire from completely flatening against the rim. The tire is still flat, and will get torn to hell if ran very long when flat. If you're talking about the inflation system, i don't know.

5. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

The rims I have are 2pc. 8 lock-bolt design but I dont have the run-flats.The outer rings are brand new and the inners are used but like new, I have seen alot of rigs in the mags using these and believe they have been modified or something!
    I think I would part with them if someone was interested.

RGF