Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hummer tires and rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Apr 7, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I know you all have read post after post of the sdame old question.I have searched and came up with nothing about fliping the rims around and running them backwards,I have the stock steering setup,no crossover,and the 14 bolt rear.would they fit on backwards? if they did I know it would put them out real far,and have alot of stress on the ball joints (but I'm changing them out this weekend for new ones,since they're bad anyways)and I dont plan on running the rims backwards for a long time. would this work?

also how are the tires? they are 36/12.5/16.5 muds,any problems with them? are they good in mud? what about balancing?
    thanks yall!

2. MUD JUNKIE

I forgot to mention that I got these tires for free,did not pay a dime for them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You can run them backwards but they will end up with about 1" of backspacing, which is hard on the balljoints/kingpins and will cause the tires to stick way WAY out. </font>

4. MUD JUNKIE

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> You can run them backwards but they will end up with about 1" of backspacing, which is hard on the balljoints/kingpins and will cause the tires to stick way WAY out. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
    so they will fit but they'll stick way out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifcool I just want to try it out maybe do some mud boggin with them stuck real far out,just like once or somthing to see how'll they do,I'll prolly mount them on regular 16.5/9.75 steel's and sell the beadlocked rim.

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

they will not have a seat for the lug nut on the back face. you can cure this by getting the cast ring from a DRW rim and the correct lug-nuts.