Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hummer tires??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffcc1, Dec 29, 2005.

1. buffcc1

buffcc1 Registered Member

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I'd try and get wheels with the Goodyear MT's on them in a 37.... They are a radial and not a bias ply tire.

Over on the PBB. "J20m715" is selling the MT's and wheels. He's in Garland, TX....

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Well they ARE a bias ply mud tire. So yes they do flat spot and vibrate a bit. BUT, the bias style (8 bolt) rim used a magnesium beadlock/run flat that liked to "walk around a little inside the rim. The biggest joke was to try to balance these sonsabitches. A couple of miles and your balance job went out the window :doah: . The radial style (10 bolt) rim used a two piece rubber (now one piece) that doesn't move. So, theoretically, if you ditched the magnesium beadlock and used an aftermarket (PVC?) beadlock I wouldn't think they'd vibrate as much. NOTE: a rubber runflat/beadlock also became available for the Bias rim, but bias (mud) tires fell out of favor with most units.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

My 36's are pretty decent on the road. i have a set unbalanced.:doah: they run better at 75 than 55...lol. they suck offroad though. save up and get a decent set or get th 37" radials

5. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

You could look at govliquidation.com for them also. They always seem to have huge lots of wheels and tires for real cheap.

6. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

If you don't plan on turning those wheels into beadlocks, I would suggest a set of H2 wheels and BFG AT take offs. They can be had for about $600 most places I have seen. 16.5 wheels are garbage if you want to air down. Plus the H2 wheels are bling 17"ers.