Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hummer wheels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, May 2, 2003.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I know that bead-lock wheels are good, but double bead-lock wheels are better, right? I went to usa6x6.com and looked around, how much do you think it would cost to have a set made for my 1/2 ton (6-lug) 4x4 pickup? Anything else I should know about these types of wheels? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Daniel (USA6x6) will do any center you want for no additional charge. So what you see is what you get.

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I don't know how serious you are inito off roading, but with a 600hp motor, don't you think that 1/2 ton axles are a little weak? I wouldn't want you to go pay that much money for hummer rims with the recentered job and then realize that you go through axleshafts weekly. Maybe go with a bigger 8 lug axle and then get the rims? Just my .02 cents. I just had mine recentered by a guy in the Los Angeles area and they came out awesome. The are a bit heavier then you standard steel rim but the double beadlock is more improtant than the weight to me.