Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HUMMVEE RIM ?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unclematty, Jun 23, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I am in the process of aquiring a set of hummvee rims and need to know where to get the center cutouts to move the offset, and where to get the PVC inserts for the beadlock part. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. unclematty

you guy's gonna tell me that no one knows where to get this stuff, I don't buy it at all!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

4. unclematty

preciate ya, I tried that earlier aand got the same thing.

5. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

I agree that stazworks is your best bet. You might be able to find his info over on the pirate board. Or you could just wait for his site to be up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

don't mean to hijack, but...I was wanting to run some hummer rims too...just wondering what all is involved in getting them to fit GM 1-ton axles? I know you have to change the backspacing, but is there anything else? and anyone know a good place to get a set of them cheap?

7. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i got a set ill sell ya

8. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

john over at stazworks will hook you up there might be a little wait if you want him to build you custom rims though.

I finaly recieved my new double beadlocks that I ordered a while back and I can now say they were worth the wait.
    they are very heavy duty and look awesome. you will pay almost the same amount of money buying all the parts you need and recentering the hummer wheels as you would buying one of his sets custom made for your rig.

if his site isnt working give him a call @(715)333-5591 or
    his cell @(715)299-3512 or his home @(715)333-7250 try all the numbers till you get him and say where you got the number he might be a little easier on your wallet if he knows people are talking about him on the boards.

I will say again very quality stuff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Do his rims come with the bead locks too? I am liking the sound of these hummvee rims /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do his rims come with the bead locks too? I am liking the sound of these hummvee rims /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

they are a double beadlock design with a plastic insert inside the wheel sandwiching the bead of the tire inbetween both beads of the wheel so they are much better than your standard beadlock wheel.
    no matter what you do you can not lose a bead unlike the standard one sided beadlock ring that you see on the trail.
    these are also much lighter than the hummer beadlocks.

we weighed one of my new wheels with a 42" TSL swamper mounted and it was right at 150 pounds my other regular style steel beadlock with a 38.5 mickey thompson baja claw was closer to 175 pounds so they are suprisingly light for as beefy as they are.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Oooh IC. So does stazworks have the hummer rims or the humvee rims? I may have to order some when I get my blazer finished /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. unclematty

stazworks is up!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

ftwk5 what is ur e-mail adress i cant do pm's