Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Humvee 6.2 diesel question

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Mr.Chevy4x4, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Ok, So I scored a government surplus 6.2 still in the metal shipping container. I intend on putting this in my dually tow rig. My questions are:

1. Does the injection pump require 24 volts for the fuel cut off?

2. Are the glow plugs 24 volt?

3. Will I be able to use the water pump that is on it, or are they different?

I think that is all for now, unless y'all can think of something I am missing. Thanks in advance!

Mike

2. maynardogle

maynardogle 1/2 ton status

As I understand it...whole truck is 12 volts..except for starter. Glow plugs are 12 volts units with a big resister in series to drop voltage from twenty four. Everything else, lights, fans, guages, etc is 12 already..including the fuel cuot off solenoid in the injector pump.

However... I learned all this infor from this forum...I would confirm it with somebody who has done it.

Re water pump. I haven't heard of any think. What kind of engine was in your tow ring..454 big block or diesel?

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input. I just recently bought an '84 dually that was originally a 6.2 but the PO had swaped it out for a 350 when the 6.2 died. I'm going to put it back to diesel.

Mike