Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hunting boots????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Mar 15, 2005.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0026541812160a&navAction=push&navCount=27&indexId=cat550012&podId=0026541&catalogCode=IF&parentId=cat550012&parentType=index&rid=&cmCat=MainCatcat20564&hasJS=true

Anybody checked these out yet??? or have any other ideas on some lightweight boot, My back can't handle the weight anymore, my boots weigh in at about 4lbs a pair and by the end of the weekend my back, knees and hips hurt so bad I can barely move...I's time to lose all the weight I can and my rifle aint gettin any lighter so it's all gonna have to be in my pack, belt and boots and in case you were wondering, I've already lost about 15 lbs myself...
    When I hunt I hike anywhere from 2 to 10 miles a day...:1zhelp:

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ive been wearing a pair of older Bates for a few years ago. Very lightweight, Gore Tex, and theve held up great to daily use for about 4 years. I love them. Its about time for a new pair, though, these are starting to show their age.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Got a link???What o they weigh???

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I've always liked Danner, but I haven't bought a pair of their boots since 1996. They were/are extremely comfortable, lightweight, and the pair I have are still waterproof.

John

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I havent tried those, but i have a pair made by hi-Tec that are almost ezactly like them (just black) and are very tough and comfortable.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I used to be pretty stoved up after a day of Chukar hunting. Had similar aches and joint pains. Didn't get new boots. Still wear Wal - Mart specials.:grin:
    Been taking Glucosamine Hydrocloride. It works for me. Espically Knee, hip, and Joint pain. This hunting season was great not being in pain after spending the day hiking up and down mountains chasing Chuckar birds.

Glucosamine is suspost to lubricate joints, help repair joint/cartliage damage and stop or lessen the effects of arthritis
    Kinda like some good high shock gear oil for the bones.

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have a pair of Vasque's that are great. Light, gore-tex, 400 gm. thisulate and they were just under $100. Just searched though, couldn't find them,maybe they don't make them anymore.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I was gonna pick up some of that stuff but read about some new stuff thats coming out called joint lube or some such crap, thanks for reminding me though...:thumb:

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I was looking for them, as i need a new pair, and i cant find the exact model i have anymore. :( I orriginally bought them from cabela's for about $120.

Since i dont have the specs, i threw them on the scale and they weigh in at 2.3 pounds each. Wonderful when hiking or working on my feet all day, and i have a bad back. This is what they look like.
    [​IMG]

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

fumes us cav has some nice boots a very large selection..

uscav boots

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Make sure you're cleaning off your boots as you go. I know it's pretty obvious, but back when I wasn't pulling a S E Lain, I could have a Mr. heavyfoot in twenty feet in a muddy field.

Oh, get zerks installed in your knees :D

12. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I absolutely love my Rocky 911's. I bought a pair maybe 10 years ago and they were the most comfortable boots I ever wore. Then I started noticing LEO's, EMT's, Postmen and others that walk all day wear them. Easy on easy off and so comfortable! :woot: :woot: :woot: