Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hunting by wire

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Nov 17, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Hunt your deer from the comfort of your home over the internet, this guy's gonna have a servo operated rifle on his land that you can lease over the net and control from home to blast some deer. Not my cup of tea, I would prefer to actually be there, but kinda interesting:

"Underwood, an estimator for a San Antonio, Texas auto body shop, has invested $10,000 to build a platform for a rifle and camera that can be remotely aimed on his 330-acre (133-hectare) southwest Texas ranch by anyone on the Internet anywhere in the world."

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/16/life.hunting.reut/index.html

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

holy crap thats dum, get off your lazy a$$ and got shoot your own dam deer for goodness sakes, thats pretty stupid

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that is just not right

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

That gives a whole new meaning to the words "No Trespassing".... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

WHOOOOO! Pay my price and wait fro someone to wander on the field!

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Deleted.... I dunno what I'm so irritated about...

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He said an attendant would retrieve shot animals for the shooters, who could have the heads preserved by a taxidermist

[/ QUOTE ]

right hope theres a lockout on the gun to lock the trigger as the guy gose to grab the deer, annonomoss internet murder!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What's the website?

I heard this on talk radio at work, but didn't get a chance to write down the website. I want to check it out.

9. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is cool as hell, just think no time to wash clothes in scent free soap? dont want to take a scent free shower, no fox piss on the boots, dont have to bother spending time in the woods finding sign and picking tree's, never laying down scent trails sounds pretty cool to me but to be honest if it doesnt have a bow on it why go????

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Bwahahahahahaha!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You know, we could make millions, the Govt. needs to let us put about 500 of these out in the desert in Iraq and Afghanistan, It would pay big.

For that matter they say the terrorists are coming over the Mexican border..........

13. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

that's crazy man!!! and pretty damn stupid in my opinion...

For me, gettin camo'd, wakin up to a fresh pot o' joe, loadin the rifle, havin the cool, misty mornin breezy give me that last blast of 'wake the hell up', the peace and quiet and the overall beauty of the outdoors is my insperation...havin' some good vittles for my efforts is just an added bonus...

I would have never though such a thing would be possible man...huntin from the couch with a bag of cheetos and a soda...REDICULOUS /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You'd be surprised how some city-folk feel absolutely trapped and isolated and are aching to *be* out there but just can't swing it. This is pretty close to virtually being there, but a little "sterile" feeling.

15. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I find it a terrible idea for hunting- Especially since there's'

A. No sense of competition- there's no human smells
    B. No sound- Poor deer doesnt even get to see who's killin it
    C. Farkin rediculous- Who's gonna track a deer that some city-slick made a bad shot on? Thats just needless suffering.
    D. Absolutely no sense of hunting ethics, proper gun safety ethics, etc.

Im all for helping disabled people hunt (let me make that clear, PHYSICALLY DISABLED, not MENTALLY- if your mentally disabled you shouldnt be handling any type of firearm), however I'd rather let them get an ATWC (All terrain Wheel Chair) rather than let them shoot over the internet.

You should not be allowed to hunt wearing your tidy whities and wife beater.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Bwahahahahahaha!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Keeping my mouth shut to salvage what I can for the patent... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif