Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hunting...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Mar 2, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Thanks to Rob 85K5, I will be going to the junk yard hunting for a new steering wheel for my 87'. He mentioned that some cavalier steering wheels bolt right up. I am wondering if any one knows of any cool steering wheels that will bolt right up. If so please let me know what kinda car it is thanks.. A hunting we will go..

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I've got the late model stearing wheel in my 89. Love it. Another one that I really like was in my parents 86 Astro Van. It had a solid metal piece that ran below the horn. Pretty sharp. Problem is, I could never find another one in a wrecked truck. I think they came in S-10 Blazers too.

Kyle
    89K5

3. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I took one out of my 78 that looks like it came out of an S-10 or something,,, I can send you a digital pic and if you want it,, make me an offer.

Todd<font color=purple>78/87</font color=purple>
    [​IMG]

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Sure post a pic if it isnt too much trouble. Why did you take it out of you 78'? Thanks

5. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I'll be home in about 2 hours,,, I will take the pic and post it then... I put a GT in my 78

Todd<font color=purple>78/87</font color=purple>
    [​IMG]

6. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I came off the $100 and got a Grant. I love it very much. Never have gotten the horn to work though, so I have to rev my motor in place of a horn. Works better, people move FAST.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>

7. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Here's that steering wheel.... Looks like it came out of a Camaro.
    [​IMG]

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Mid 70's Z-28 or basic Camaro steering wheel is also a drop in, nice wheels too. Usually around $20 at a boneyard.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Any GM fullsize truck from atlease 68 uses the same spline and as long as it doens't have an air bag it will bolt right up. I drove a buds truck that had a smaller wheel like that on a camaro and didn't like the smaller size. Personal I'm torn between the grants in a 14 inch or finding a late model GM truck wheel.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper