Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Huntsville Tx

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Poker, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Poker

Poker Registered Member

Hello from Huntsville Texas... new to the Site and a new 85' K5 Owner

Poker
    85'-K5

2. short sub

short sub Registered Member

hey whats up- im about 30 miles west of houston down i 10 so where kinda close. do you ever go wheeling? my group usually tries to go once a month if everyone is up and running so get with me somehow and maybe we could ride somewhere.
    lata ryan

3. Poker

Poker Registered Member

hey sup...

im down... motor probs that come and go, but sounds good. where u guys head out to?

chris

4. short sub

short sub Registered Member

we go to alto- shilih ridge.com- alot since its kinda close. i plan on going to gilmer within the next few months, i wanna do a new suspension ill either go with the old or put the new together and ride with it shortly. also there is that general sams in huntsville and weve gone once but i was on my 4 wheeler due to ord not sending my doubler in time. where do you go riding???

5. Poker

Poker Registered Member

K5 common problem?

i have an 85 blazer and man o man do i get smoked out from the exaust. there doesnt seem to be an leaks (i had it looked over by muffler shop) but when i have the side windows down i get smoked.. when i left the back window down i get smoked. is this common with blazers?

the exuast comes out just past the tires at 45*. anyone have any idea? would it be better if they were re-done strait out the back?

thnx

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Don't run it out the back... then it will all come into the rear window if it's down, while you're going down the road. I also don't think it's legal here in TX.

As far smoke.. it's not any more common for blazer's, than any other vehicle. Sounds like the engine is burning oil to me. How many quartes is that sucker drinking in say a week? Probably time for an overhual/rebuild.

7. Poker

Poker Registered Member

thnx

thnx.. i know it needs a rebuild... just hoping i didnt have to suffer with the smoke and all.. more fike fumes