Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hurculiner help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLZN4FN, Mar 19, 2006.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Ok I tryed to paint the K5 with spray paint cans and let me tell you it looks like poop. I thought it looked bad before I started :eek1:

So now i'm thinking about doing the body in Herculiner or something close to it I can do my self.

So i'm looking for any input and pics from you all that have this on your rig.
    was it worth the time? Is it a flat black,semi,full gloss?

Is 1 gallon enough to do the whole outside of the K5 or should I plan on getting two gallons?

Thanks

2. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I did the entire inside of my blazer with hurculiner. It holds up real well, but is really rough. Not the smooth finish like rhino lining. I did the outside in dupont bedliner, I got mine at pep boys. Much better surface for the outside and just as easy to apply. It can be painted over any color you like too. As for the hurculiner, I often wonder how it would come out if strained of the big chunks or not stirred as well, but it is real hard on the knees when I have shorts on and have to climb into the back.

3. Gixx

Gixx Registered Member

How UV resistant is it ? Is it going to fade badly when exposed ? That would be my only worry.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

They make a UV additive for it... It's like $20...

5. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

garlicbreath, has it chipped or cracked on you at all? I've heard a lot of different brands do this, but so far I haven't heard anything really bad about herculiner. I can deal with the roughness, but I just want it to last a long time and be easy to apply...

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

just dont get any on your hootis:eek1: :doah: :haha: :haha:

7. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

I sprayed it in the bed of my truck and i used one and a half gallons i would get 2 at least. As for it fading yes it does fade a bit so you might wanna get some of the uv stuff for it. And no its not as strong as the rhino stuff but it holds up pretty well and what i like about it is that you can patch it real easy and its cheap.

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

x2 :eek1:

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i did my whole interior with 2 gallons... i dont care if it fades, its an offroad truck, its rough, but durable. looks clean right after a fresh install

10. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

anybody tried painting over herculiner? i used it on my interior and its starting to fade i was gonna try to paint over but was wondering if any body has tried this before

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have got over-spray on herc before, it works fine.... it would also help protect it from UV. When applied Herc is hella shiney... even bling. After a month of exposure to the sun its semi-gloss... after 6 months its FLAT black.

j