Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hurculiner is in, Now how do I...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, May 21, 2001.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Well after having a terrible time with the wind and airborn debris, I finally got my hurculiner down. I had to cover the truck with a tarp and work under the tarp to keep it clean. My problem now is... while working on my knees inside this, I must have put my knees in some I slopped. I know have Hurculined my Knees!!!!!!!! It soaked through my clothes and I now have black knees! How can I get it off!! I tried all the chemicals I have and not much worked. well, at least the truck looks good!!

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

2. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

It will probably come off when you get some new skin cells, shouldn't be too long. At least you didn't get it somewhere else. [​IMG]

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

I heard skin so soft helps to take it off. I would try some sorta alpha hydrox (sp?) its in the lotions/beauty isle in the grocery store

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

It'll prolly wear off. At least you didn't get it on your "hootus"! LOL!

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

5. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

Congrats! Nail polish remover works good to take it off if you can stand the smell. Told you it was some messy sh!t to deal with :-).You'll have to post some pics after it dries. It was too cold when I put mine on, ~55 F and I had runs form a day after my paint job. You might want to keep an eye on it if it's below 70.

[​IMG]<font color=red> Elkboy</font color=red> [​IMG] 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

6. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Try MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone). I don't think they've invented anything that MEK won't take off. Bye-the-way, I also herd its a carcinogen (causes cancer), so don't bathe in it. -Tommy

7. johnnysjimmy

johnnysjimmy Registered Member

Wow someone else that knows about MEK. You are right it wasn't been made to resist the ability of MEK to remove everything it touches

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Whoa! stay away from the MEK. That stuff about killed me. It builds up in your system and it takes years for it to be purged. Stupid printing company I worked for didn't warn us about the crap and we litterally washed our hands in the stuff to get the ink off. Started having all sorts of health problems and We traced it back to that stuff weakening my imune system.
    Let it wear off. It's dry so your past the health hazard.
    Hay let me know how bad black is inside the truck. I been worried on a full top that it would turn the inside into a solar oven. Trying to avoid that [​IMG] Have your driven your truck with no carpet in the summer? The heat off the tranny tunnel tends to fry your leg. Trying to get an idea of how much it will cut down the temperature.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

9. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

MEK is some nasty [censored]. It goes through your skin very quickly and takes with it anything it has disolved. MEK can then dissolve fat in the body, particularly the myolin (sp?). This causes problems in the central nervous system and lungs. This is of course after long term contact like Grim.

Short term problems are similar to gasoline. Irritation and drying of the skin. The worst short term hazard is fire. The vapor is heavier than air and basically runs like water. It could flow (invisibly) to an ignition source and the chance of spontanious combustion increase with volume of vapor and time of contact with air or sudden change in pressure.

Handle with care and a lot of ventilation. Or wait for the new skin cells. heh

That's because I'm the devil.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah what Lara said...be glad your hootus is free of it...think how bad that would suck....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

11. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I had some on my hands and was able to get it off by scraping at it lightly with my fingernails while washing with some warm water.
    Good luck,
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

12. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Brillo has always taken care of stuff like that for me. Just thought I;d share[​IMG]
    Mike

You call that dirty!?