Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hurricane frances

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Aug 30, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

this storm scares the crap outta me, as both my house and my family's hotel is oceanfront.

here is a swell chart we use for looking for decent surf. well, on the 6th of sept, it says that the ocean swell is going to be as big as 33ft. thats a fawking HUGE swell, and at a period of 14ft, that some seriously thick, powerful waves.

so all you guys, pray for us east coasters. if that storm hits as a Cat 4 or 5 as projected, we are gonna have major issues. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

I am watching that one as well. This is going to be a tough one to predict. The weather patterns are not very active at the moment. We have the cold front coming through the carolinas soon and it looks like a low pressure area is forming over the Bahamas. If those two are strong enough it will curve that storm right up the east coast. Guess we will have to wait and see. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Note: I am not a meteorologist. Weather is just a hobby for me. Yes, I am a geek. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Good luck back there.. I'll put up with our earthquakes anyday..

4. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

woah, ya i got grandparents right off the pamiloco river wich connects to the ocean, they usually get hit hard bein on the water, good luck

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Well - my parents live just north of Orlando and my wife is heading to Ft. Walton Beach next week. I sure hope that bugger weakens and / or shifts northeast (like - turns 90 deg. away from it's present track). /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah I've been watching that storm as well. If it hits us it will be bad. I am watching a 2.5 million beach house that I will have to board up if it heads this way /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Frances....don't sing it, BRING IT!

I'll take on any ol' hurricane. Given, I don't live on the coast, and I hope those who are there come out ok, but I do live for a good storm.

8. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I'll take on any ol' hurricane. Given, I don't live on the coast, and I hope those who are there come out ok, but I do live for a good storm.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck guys. every mod i have done to my rig is to make it more of a "disaster" truck. supplies,tools,power etc.

9. thezentree

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

storms are fun, but when my house is threatened, ill pass /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I always had trouble figuring out if Frances was a man or woman's name...

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I think Francis is a man, Frances is a woman. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Frances is a woman's name. It happens to be my Mothers name. If this hurricane is anything like my Mom, you guys are in trouble /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

John

13. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yeh its lookin beastly, Richmond got hammered by Gaston so we dont need more..

14. thezentree

damn, i looked at the swell chart again - 42-68ft swells now. if that storm comes this way, we got problems.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

You guys in the path of Frances better batten down the hatches. My parents are right in line - this will be the worst one since they've been in FL (10 yrs). /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I wish everyone the best on the east coast. I've been looking at property down in Ft. Myers where the last one went through. I think I'll always keep my mtn. property so I have somewhere to bail to if I need to. Makes me think twice about buying there /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Buy your plywood now.