Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hurricane Isidore! Shout out to my gulfcoast Family!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Sep 22, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I don't care where it hits this thing will more than likely be a cat. 5 by the time it makes landfall. I think this is gonna be one of the worst badboys any of us have seen since Homestead, FL when andrew came through. I personally caught andrew as a cat. 3 when it hit LA. Got me on edge just watching it build!! Just keep your eyes peeled and who knows maybe we can provide a safe haven for one another if need be... Anyone else watching this thing?

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Yea I've been watching /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I just checked and it said it's moving west but They said that it is still expected to head north. Kinda scary, where my house sits if a cat. 4 hit dead on there would be 6ft. of water /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . We've got a camp in Kirbyville but I was talking to my dad and he said that if it was a 5 it wouldn't be far enough. Oh well I guess all we can do is watch and pray.

3. BowtieBlazer

Moving SW again....they never know waht these things are gonna do.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Been keeping an eye on it myself. The gulf is a real unstable place of a hurricane to go. It can stop and sit or bang a turn w/ no warning, or swirl around and go in any direction. Im only about 35 or so miles off the gulf, so we try to keep an eye on what they do out there. 'Specially big'uns like this one. LOL!

5. BowtieBlazer

Luckily its down to a TS again this morning. However like you said we all know how warm the gulf always is....It can redevelop rapidly and turn with no warning. As the crow flies I'm about 15-20miles north of the gulf. We are both still plenty close to get full force winds if it came anywhere near us. They are still however predicting that it will be merging off the "Yukatan Penninsula" (SP?) and going north in the gulf....headed straight for LA TX coast, we all know how straight these things normally go....only time will tell.

6. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We're watdhing here too. Luckily I am all stocked up with TS Hannah passing through 2 weeks ago. I went through Opal and Erin in '96, this one will probably be much worse.

7. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

everybody if the [censored] gets bad. run!
    i wish i had my board.

8. BowtieBlazer

No body knows where its goin or where its heading. Let it get back in the gulf, it will more than likely go stationary for a day or so and spin up more then bang the hell out of someone. Its like a gamble, stock up now and have all kinds of stuff for nothing....or wait a few days when everyone is stocking up and they run out of supplies and have prices jacked up.

Its toned down for now, but these things are always unpredictable.

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Waves are 'posed to be 10 feet high here tonight! As of this mornin its dropped down 4mph under hurricane status so its only a tropical storm as of this morning around 9:30... saw on CNN. Anyway, if it comes round here, i'll keep yall posted... unless it cuts off the power /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

10. BowtieBlazer

I made the mistake of coming into New Orleans this morning to see a friend. Got here around 9 am when it started to rain. Here I am at 2:15 and I am getting the hell out of here like everyone else. The city is like packing up and shipping out. I have read articles before that a mild hurricane could put the entire city under 20ft of water. Thats because it naturally is 6 ft below sealevel and protected by a levee system. So back to Baton Rouge I go this afternoon. Thank god for the blazer if water gets fairly deep. I'll be safe...You others on the coast keep your eyes peeled...it weakened some but ya never know where its gonna go!! Class at LSU isnt cancelled yet! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif N.O. colleges are out till monday.

11. BowtieBlazer

Now its turning...NNW more towards Central LA and my actual home. Slowing down as well...maybe strengthening....either way we are getting wet here. The rest of the day of school goes on, no school thursday but school friday!

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hey remember hurricane brett? we all thought it was gonna hit here and my parents freaked and my dad had to work and me and my mom went to san antonio. then it ended up goin a lil west and hit kingsville basically. it was all weak. i was pissed cuss I-37 was packed. had to sit there with annoying cousins. lol. sure was fun tho. my parents are all that was nothing i remember hurricane celia blah blah blah. well if ya remembered how bad it was i'm sure ya could go through another one. i know i can. lol. well later.

jacob

13. BowtieBlazer

yeah its all good here....plenty of mud for weeks and weeks to come. For now we are bracing from the wind and falling branches...still got power...then again its just starting to get excessively windy and rainy.

14. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

so far it's raining here and a little wind. nothing big.

15. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Well it's 10:40cst, the wind is picking up a little but so far mostly just rain. Assuming things don't get too bad, it looks like the ride we planned for Gulfport this weekend should be pretty bad! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. BowtieBlazer

Yeah hang tight there in mobile....looks like you might get more wind and rain than we will here in Baton Rouge.

17. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

well i hope ya'll are okay so far?! i dont miss hurrican season at all! glad i am now in washington but rest of the family is all over the east coast, from florida to louisiana to new york, been watching the storm on tv over here and keeping fingers crossed you guys will be okay. let me know how fast the winds come in and if you guys sustained any damage okay! keep safe!
    kelly

18. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Woooohoooo, I'm at work! It's not too bad outside, LOTS of rain and a little wind, nothing crazy. There's been some possible tornado activity in the area but nothing really close to me. I did notice a fair amount of people on the road to work this morning. All in all, not a bad storm, just tons of rain.

Hey BowtieBlazer, how's things where you are?

19. BowtieBlazer

Winds came in pretty steadily, but we were bracing for much worst then this is turning out to be...Still got 25 mph gust every now and then but not a whole lot. The worst of it here was between 1-3am Plenty of rain...probably 6" just last night but its been draining off fairly quickly. New Orleans is taking most of the pounding in Louisiama. A few limbs down here and there and a short power outage overnight in some areas. Nothing Major....the rain has stopped as we are now on the west side of the storm and looks like we will have a nice day today, afterall! Cool part is no classes today so we can enjoy the weather maybe go find a little mud.

20. BowtieBlazer

Hanging tight here it looks like this afternoon should be sunny according to how quick things are moving north. Looks like ya'll are getting it much worst on the east side of this thing. either way we should both be seeing it clear up by this afternoon. The center or eye of the storm is past here now...we are mostly getting wind....