Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hurricane Reporters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I keep waiting for a 2x4 to skewer one of these guys in the noodle. If they really want a close up look why not parachute out of the Orion straight into the eyewall.

2. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

flying debris wet dream

Yeah,it's going to happen sooner or later.And it'll be on tape.And then there will be a great big ass memorial service and whatnot and then all the reporters will be swaggering around talking about whoever it was "giving their life to get the news out".blah,blah,blah
    Seems like they are all trying to outdo each other right now and see who can be closest to the eyewall when it comes in.The word MORONS comes to mind.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I love how these guys spend so much time reporting the obvious.

Yeah John, it's really windy now, and it's also really wet...back to you Anderson. Yeah, it's quite windy here too, and also very wet. The trees here are being whipped by the wind. Did i mention it's really wet?

:rolleyes:

Rene

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

5. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Yeah I really hate the news when they have nothing to report on but weather. Every hurricane they have people telling us how windy and rainy it is. It's a friggin' hurricane! Of course it's going to be rainy and windy! Do we really need a masochistic news reporter leaning 45 degrees into the wind being pummeled by rain, wind, massive waves, and 2x4's to understand that?? :haha:

I live in Socal and we don't get much rain here, but whenever we get a little bit the idiot news reporters span out across all socal just to report the "breaking news" that it is raining! I rarely watch anymore local news. Just can't stand the crap.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

same here when it snows..

Sounds familiar--here every time it snows now,they send some poor sap reporter (usually either a rookie, or the oldest one they want to retire!)-out in a blizzard with 60 mph winds and snow blowing sideways so hard all you can hear thru the mike is :WHHOOOOFFEE" and the words "wind","blizzard"and "Winc Chill Factor",dressed like an eskimo!...like we cant look out the window and see it for ourselves! :surepal: ..I swear they do this every time it snows here to make people paraniod,and rush out to buy all the milk and bread off the store shelves--and batteries,flashlights,generators..

"And now for the weather report--brought to you by Hood,Wonder Bread,Eveready,and Honda!"...now isn't THAT a coincidence?? :rolleyes: :crazy:

Then the news anchor at the desk says after his report--Gee Gus!--get out of that cold and get yourself a hot chocholate--with a big grin on his face.. :p: ..like "Gus" would stand there until the storm ended if he didn't say to go!.. :crazy:

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

"Breaking News! Storm Watch 2005!!" *cut to drizzle on city street* That's SoCal. We panic over drizzle. But nothing - not floods, or winds or dark of night - will keep us from attaining warp speed on the freeways. :rolleyes:

8. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

reporters,,

And don't you just love the "ACTING" these clowns do ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would love to see one of this morons standing there on camera get taken out by a trash can doing about 125 mph,,,There one second and then BAM
    gone from the screen,,Now that would be funny !!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: