Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hurricane

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Aug 14, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

May god bless those people dealing with all those storms...

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Cave how hard did it hit you guys. we got some heavy winds and some rain.

I hope all those that got hit hard by it are ok and your loved ones are in good helth also.

3. CaveBlazin

WE have a bunch of downed trees power out at alot of places not heard of any injuries yet but the night is young. It hit pretty hard I would say harder than last years Isabell we had lots of tornadoes etc..

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Man, I don't even see why they called that thing a hurricane. I didn't even lose Satellite reception. Had to clean up a few branches in the yard but other than that is was a joke. And to think they have a CURFEW for tonight. Come on.........

5. CaveBlazin

Umm guess you didnt see the tree thats sitting across the road over here and we lost power several times theres alot of other downed lines and tree's out in town. You see they strategically made this base to protect the SNCO and officers housing from hurricanes LOL...

6. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

being from florida all of my life you become numb to the hurricanes. Each season you see one after another and suprisingly get used to it. My family lives in the orlando area and said that it caused power outages and tore up some houses, trees, signs. Most of the deaths caused by the hurricane were from idiots being out during the storm and getting hit by debree and other things. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I worry more about the tornados that spawn from the hurricane. Alot more unpredictable and can cause huge amounts of damage in a matter of minutes. Best wishes to all the families that must rebuild and recover from the storm. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif There are also 2 more hurricanes coming from the coast of africa and south east of cuba! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. CaveBlazin

Yeah I'm always tracking the storms cause its just fun like that. I usually go to www.hwn.org its the official site for storm tracking. Its pretty cool!! I usually see the graphics of the hurricanes.

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I track them too when I'm working in Delaware..It's my job

9. CaveBlazin

Kinda fun aint it, I like to guess how strong, were its gonna hit etc.. I agree with what someone said about the tornadoes they are far worse than the hurricane itself. We had a few touchdown here and did some decent damage.

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

For sure. You can track and forecast the movement of a hurricane but those damn tornadoes cant be forecast other than saying there is a good chance of seeing one /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

This one hit in the area that I grew up in. Luckily my friends and family made it through, but they said there is total devestation all around them. The are in Port Charlotte...

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

down here in shallotte, we got hit pretty hard. i live on the water, and our dock and new boat lift is gone, as are our neighbors docks. also, my neighbor's roof is in his front yard. my friend got video footage of the docks getting ripped apart and the 10ft waves washing over the end of holden beach. crazy stuff, but no one around here was hurt. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

John, et al,
    Glad to hear your family and neighbors are OK. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif My folks live 33 miles north of Orlando (Leesburg) - they dodged the bullet this time.

14. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Behemoth, your folks live in leesburg? Hell thats were I grew up at and my family still lives there. How long have they lived there I might know them? Or are they part of the 1,000,000,000,000 people who moved into the Villages.

15. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

duece21 - my parents have been retired and living in Leesburg for 10 years. They're off 27 in Highland Lakes . How long ago did you leave Leesburg?

16. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I was on GASPIRILLA island across from Sanibel when Charley hit... it was a wild ride watching porches sail off into the sky like Wizard of Oz...
    Lots of damage around us but good construction saved our place... and we didnt get the dreaded storm surge they predicted... whcih really helped...
    Im glad to be back in Kalifornia and the forest fires!!!...
    Hurricanes are better than earthquakes any day..
    cam

17. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

camsk5 - you're in Redding - you on fire yet? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

18. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I just moved from there about 2 1/2 years ago, but I was living and going to school in gainesville for the last 3 years before that. I know where that place is. used to do landscaping at a couple of the houses there. One reason I moved out of leesburg is b/c all the old people are taking over that entire county. No offense to your parents, but its a city trying to live in the past. Everyone there wants to keep it small yet thousands of people move there every year. That and colorado is alot more beautiful then leesburg florida. I do miss the all the fine girls running around campus though. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif No offense to some of the women in colorado, but some of them have issues deciding if they are men or women. Too burly for me. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Thats why I'm importing my girlfriend from florida...