Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hurry if you want a Dart Kool Can intake manifold.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Hurry if you want one

they stop production? Any idea why? not that I think it some great loss.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    they stop production? Any idea why? not that I think it some great loss.

[/ QUOTE ] Dart Machinery stop production of this intake to start production on a different design. The new design is a single plane. terry_rosebush_motorsports bought up the last 1500 units. When I talked to them last week, ol'boy said they were down to less then 200. So if anyone wanted one, better order while they still have some.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'll wait for the single plane, be better for my next motor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I hope its a low rise single plane. Only real option in the low rise single plane with air gap is Victor JR.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll wait for the single plane, be better for my next motor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I hope its a low rise single plane. Only real option in the low rise single plane with air gap is Victor JR.

[/ QUOTE ] I refuce to use anything with the Edelbrock name on it. That just my personal choice. Dart was the first to come out with the air gap design. BTW, Dart Machinery has the single plane in production. Clicky

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd like another option, nothing against edelbrock, only problem I have is, I considered Vortec heads for the next project since I want good compression, and the only single plane they sell for vortecs is the the Victor intake. I'd run a Victor JR but the Victor is too tall of a rise.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd like another option, nothing against edelbrock, only problem I have is, I considered Vortec heads for the next project since I want good compression, and the only single plane they sell for vortecs is the the Victor intake. I'd run a Victor JR but the Victor is too tall of a rise.

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya on being limitted with Vortec heads. I plan on the Dart Sportsman 2 heads myself. But Vortec are about half the price as the Dart heads.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I ordered mine today. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd like to find a nice vortec motor, block, roller cam setup, and heads. In my mind that is the perfect starting point for a motor build up. Little 4x4 roller cam, some port work, stroker crank, and some propane fueling and have a nice little motor, that would never notice the power loss of propane.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd like to find a nice vortec motor, block, roller cam setup, and heads. In my mind that is the perfect starting point for a motor build up. Little 4x4 roller cam, some port work, stroker crank, and some propane fueling and have a nice little motor, that would never notice the power loss of propane.

[/ QUOTE ] Never messed with propane. What's the advantage of propane instead of gasoline ???

11. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Never messed with propane. What's the advantage of propane instead of gasoline

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well since I have to work on fleet rigs equiped with it.
    Not a damn thing.
    The injected deal is ok I suppose but a good Q-jet works for me.
    Thats just me though.
    I also hate slush boxes with a passion, again that's me.
    I suppose if my rig actualy moved from it's spot and I had a need to have the engine running upside down it would be useful.
    But I have had some realy crappy Q-jets that from time to time gave me fits but I always made it off the trail and made it home with nothing more than the tools and gear I have on hand.
    My real reason for this rambling post is to ask ya why the hatred for Ebrock?
    Not to start a slug fest of stupidity but I am just curious as to why you you are so set against Ebrock items.
    Granted I have used shloads of their stuff and will never again use a cam and lifter set due to some things I have noticed but all their other stuff has done me good.
    So don't get yer tights in a wad, I'm just askin whats the deal with you and the Ebrock brand.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Never messed with propane. What's the advantage of propane instead of gasoline

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well since I have to work on fleet rigs equiped with it.
    Not a damn thing.
    The injected deal is ok I suppose but a good Q-jet works for me.
    Thats just me though.
    I also hate slush boxes with a passion, again that's me.
    I suppose if my rig actualy moved from it's spot and I had a need to have the engine running upside down it would be useful.
    But I have had some realy crappy Q-jets that from time to time gave me fits but I always made it off the trail and made it home with nothing more than the tools and gear I have on hand.
    My real reason for this rambling post is to ask ya why the hatred for Ebrock?
    Not to start a slug fest of stupidity but I am just curious as to why you you are so set against Ebrock items.
    Granted I have used shloads of their stuff and will never again use a cam and lifter set due to some things I have noticed but all their other stuff has done me good.
    So don't get yer tights in a wad, I'm just askin whats the deal with you and the Ebrock brand.

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest why I don't like Edelbrock is (1.) I belive thier quality controle isn't what it once was. Years ago it was tops, but it seams to me that it isn't anymore. (2.) Too comman, everybody and thier brother has it. I am willing too spend alittle more for higher quality parts that not everybody has.

13. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    To be honest why I don't like Edelbrock is (1.) I belive thier quality controle isn't what it once was. Years ago it was tops, but it seams to me that it isn't anymore. (2.) Too comman, everybody and thier brother has it. I am willing too spend alittle more for higher quality parts that not everybody has.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right, quality control at edelbrock sucks bad right now. I have messed with 2 victor 5.0 efi intakes for mustangs and both of them had to be milled by my machine shop because the intake wasnt done correctly at edelbrock. Personally for single plane I love the carb'd victor jr's for manual equipped vehicles and Im still up in the air on auto so I may pick up one of these Dart intakes for my K5 and try it out. If there is one thing about Dart, is that they deffinetly have quality products!

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I suppose thats fair enough.
    I have never been one to jump on the band wagon.
    I deal in what works.
    But that's just me
    If I was a credit card wheeler I would have all the nifty gear.
    But being a regular joe I just have the stuff that has always done me right.
    Peace bro.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I suppose thats fair enough.
    I have never been one to jump on the band wagon.
    I deal in what works.
    But that's just me
    If I was a credit card wheeler I would have all the nifty gear.
    But being a regular joe I just have the stuff that has always done me right.
    Peace bro.

[/ QUOTE ] Credit card wheeler ??? I wish. I'm so broke I can't even afford to pay attentions most of the time, LOL.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    To be honest why I don't like Edelbrock is (1.) I belive thier quality controle isn't what it once was. Years ago it was tops, but it seams to me that it isn't anymore. (2.) Too comman, everybody and thier brother has it. I am willing too spend alittle more for higher quality parts that not everybody has.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right, quality control at edelbrock sucks bad right now. I have messed with 2 victor 5.0 efi intakes for mustangs and both of them had to be milled by my machine shop because the intake wasnt done correctly at edelbrock. Personally for single plane I love the carb'd victor jr's for manual equipped vehicles and Im still up in the air on auto so I may pick up one of these Dart intakes for my K5 and try it out. If there is one thing about Dart, is that they deffinetly have quality products!

[/ QUOTE ] That's what I've been saying for along time now. Most people can't see past the price tag though.