Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HVAC adjustment or ...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wingnutt, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

should there be a bit of warm air coming out of the dash vents when the heater is on? I replaced that d*mn plastic "arm" that controls the blend door, but no matter how I adjust the arm outside the heater box wher I *think* it should be, I still get a fair amount of air flow out of the dash vents. With the defroster on, I get very little hot air out of the deforost vents, more is actually more air coming out of the dash vents! If I adjust the control arm so that I get a decent flow out of the defroster vents, when I set the control to vent, things get into a bind and the control arm slips in it's holder. If I move the adjuster arm where nothing is binding, the blend door is open about 1/2" allowing the air to flow out the dash vents. Needless to say, this is driving me nuts!:mad:

Does anybody have any suggestions, or am I missing and adjustment somewhere? TIA

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  2. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

I have the same problem on my 90.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The foam seals on the doors inside are infamous for rotting and not sealing in any position. Your rigs *seem* to new for this,but you never know.

4. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Anybody else?

5. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

I have the same issue on my 90. Seems no matter what setting the controls are at, most of the air comes out the vents. Any help?

6. xpoc

xpoc Newbie

When I first got my 89 I had this problem I took off the dash finding that all the platic tabs holding the ducking together had broken. So I glued everything back together ziptied the flex elbows on and reinstalled everything it improved it signifigantly.

also check for holes in the ducting

gl

7. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

One more bump for some additional ideas. TIA