Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HVAC ????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Jun 3, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know how to get a start in the HVAC (Heating ventalation air conditioning) business? I may not have the exact term correctly so forgive me if I dont.

Is there special classes to take? If so where can you take these classes? It has been hard finding classes or even information on how to get started.

Any information would be appreciated. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    (this is not for me)

2. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Yes you have the term right. Looking at the employment ads in the paper, there must be a way to get educated on it. If all else fails in your search, call up some companies and ask them for information on schooling and entry level qualifications.

3. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I am not sure whether or not there is a T D Industries around, but they offer a training course and school.
    You will need to get you a HVAC license through the state and so you will be able to purchase Freon and other refrigerants.
    Other than that look for a job at an HVAC company and try to get in what you want, either new construction or repair.
    I believe there are schools like Lincoln Tech, or other tech schools that should be able to get you headed in the right direction.
    Hope this helps.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey I forgot to ask is it for automotive or commercial or housing?

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Check local Technical Schools. They usually teach HVAC "installation". Now, if you want to learn about designing HVAC Systems you would need to look into Engineering or Drafting/Design schools. I am a Mechanical Designer for a large Engineering Firm.

Good Luck.

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Oh its for commercial and housing. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the info guys. I went looking up technical schools and the only thing I could find was Computer stuff. Even electronics....in compters. AGH all this computer stuf. Anyway no luck with schools yet but hes going to try to call some businesses and see where they look for their people. He doesnt want to design (as far as I know) But he wants to install.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok if you want to get started in the buisness then the best way is to hook up with a HVAC or plumbing company most plumbing companys do HVAC as well. The best way is to just hire on as an apprentice and work your way up. It would be pretty much on the job training. Most guys are on there own with in a years time and it's pretty much a gravey job.