Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hy steer setup with WTO ram steering install.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OL14BLAZ, Oct 24, 2002.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I just did a search and read where Steve (The Man) was going to install ram assist on his /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and was wondering if anyone else has done it? If you have what was the outcome of it, as far as performance and stoutness of the setup you installed?

Would like to know what everyone recommends on what parts to use. Plan on using the MOO crossmember to use a straight draglink, avalanche arms, tie rod, and draglink. Basically the same setup Steve used. Have read that he is having prolbems with the TRE on his /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I think if you search for "WTO" or "West Texas Offroad", and that should serve you well for finding more info... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif As far as I know, the WTO setup is the best thing going... but as for the other components, I don't know. I use Rockstompers ("bent up" draglink version to clear the cross member - works like a charm...) DragLink and TieRod... well basically all their parts. The only thing I would have done differently, would be to use the steering arm you are buying.

Good luck!

-Dan

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I will try the WTO search. I have no doubt the WTO setup is the best thing going, I'm defentily going that rought on the ram assist. Just wanting to know how they are mounting it with the Hy steer set up.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif