Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hyd assist install question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by josh86k10, Nov 17, 2006.

1. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

When deciding on where to mount the tabs, what does everyone do to be sure you are placing them correctly? Do you turn all the way to one side and space the mounts for a collapsed cylinder? Or center the steering and pull the cylinder out 1/2 way (4") and use that to place the mounts?

Also, could those of you with hyd assist and crossover with the tie rod in the stock location post some pics on how you mounted the ram. I'm debating between the DIY kit for the diff cover bolts or just welding tabs to the axle tube past the center section (it looks like it will just barely fit this way with one end at the very end of the tierod). Thanks.

Josh

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Turn your wheels as far to the drivers side till it hits the stops,(if your ram pushes towards the drivers side) or you want it to max at....Then fully extend the ram. attach mounts to whatever, i like to make sure its alil higher above the tie rod so it isnt prone to getting hit as much.

3. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Heres mine-
    [​IMG]

4. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status