Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydralic clutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Oct 16, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

on the newer trucks with hydro clutch is the mastercyl of the clutch all that pushes the pedal back out? the reason i ask is i would like to convert to hydro clutch on my 77 and swap in a sm465/205 can anyone get pics of their hydro pedal assembly? i know a few of you have your dashes out but dont know if anyone has the hydro pedals and their dash out

balzer

2. snoman87

snoman87 Registered Member

There is also a spring that pulls the pedal out. I can't find my pics from my auto to manual swap ... I will see if I can take a couple more for you.

The best is to get the proper pedal bracket ... it has the brake and clutch pedal mounts as well as braces for the clutch master. drill a couple holes in the firewall and replace the brace from the one that's currently in you cab and your done ... it's a pretty easy swap with the right parts. A mechanical clutch bracket is different and in my opinion not worth converting if you have access to the hydro setup.