Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydraulic assist with hydroboost

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGRED74K20, Jun 5, 2006.

1. BIGRED74K20

BIGRED74K20 Registered Member

well i want to do the hydraulic assist conversion to my truck. but i have a hydroboost setup with a actual hydroboost pump, and a cooler. i was going to purchase the Ems offroad front cap and just tap the top cap and the rocklogic ram and lines. now i was wondering is there going to be any issues with the assist and the hydroboost because i know how picky the hydroboost is.:confused:

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Some folks have run hydro assist and hydroboost together without problems, but most that I've read about have had problems. Theres a guy over at pirate that does a port job to the hydroboost to increase flow, which is supposed to take care of that problem. It adds a fair amount to the project though ($180 IIRC).

When I lock the front, thats the route I'm going.

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I've talked to several people with this setup and a lot of them do not have any problems. There are some though that say they could never get it to work correctly.

I should find out myself in the next month or so because I have all of the parts sitting in the garage for hydro-assist that will go on my K5 with hydroboost.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I too should be getting my Hydro assist setup on fathers day and I also run hydro boost so I will have some data. I have also heard it does work and it does not work. I have already done all of the mods to the pump and it has not had any ill effects that I can tell on the hydroboost. That leads me to believe that adding a ram will not cause any ill effects either.

Ira

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Definitely post up after install. If I don't need a $$$ ported hydroboost unit, thats more money for gas!

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

i'm all ears, i'm taking my hydro assist off of the willys and putting it on my 68 burb since i'm going to 40's on it.

7. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

A friend and I went full hydro 4 wheel steering on his truck with hydroboost and no issues. We did do some pump mods but nothing to the hydroboost unit

8. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I thought he ported the pump. Something with the springs, to get more flow or pressure or both. Im not sure.

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I did that and you can too in the comfort of your own garage for free:D .

The guy on Pirate ports the HB unit so it handles the increased flow and pressure with less turbulance. I am running a modded pump and stock HB unit with no problems as said before I just need to mount my ram:doah: .

Ira