Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydraulic Clutch again.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, Mar 10, 2003.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Well, I have started cutting away the factory loom of the 1990 Corvette engine and I have labelling all those crazy wires. It has taken several hours and I am only about half-way there. I have also decided to try and keep it standard but this brings me back to the question of Hydraulic clutches. I know I am going to need a bell housing that will accept a slave cylinder but what years will work for this? What other parts am I going to need? How hard is this going to install it and have it actually work? Does anyone have measurements for the pedals and master cylinder, I would hate to mees that up and not have my clutch engage.

Thanks again,

Rod

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dont know if will help any or not but i hear that ppl sometimes use S-10 hydro setups to convert fullsize trucks to hydro clutch setup

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Why can't you use the mechanical linkage? The hydraulic roller blocks have the boss on them for the countershaft pivot...

4. 72Blazerod

I agree, that the boss is on the block but unfortunately, it appears to me that the boss on the Corvette engine is covered by the stock Corvette exhaust manifolds.

5. Steve_Chin

If you're going to ditch the EGR, you could throw a set of headers on it...

6. 72Blazerod

Steve,

Firstly, it is nice to hear from you and get your advice! I haven't heard from you in a while, but of course I haven't been on the board much. Secondly, how would losing the EGR stuff effect the running of the 1990 Corvette engine? I mean I know it will still run cleaner than my 1972 engine that has 210,000 miles on it but will it run rough or in "limp" mode without the EGR plumbing hooked up? Thanks again for any input!

Rod

7. Steve_Chin

All oyu would need is to have a custom PROM burned for it that ignroes the fact that it can't open/close the EGR valve and also ha a little bit of tweaking to the fuel and spark maps to take advantage of the missing valve. There are a bunch of guys on the Gen3 Camaro/Firebird boards who can re-write the programming on these things, as well as companies like TPiS who write custom programs for 'em.

I'm going to have to get a custom PROM burned for my '89 setup simply because I'm running a manual tranny and the PROM in my ECU is for an automatic (well, there's also the difference in the camming, head flow, the ported intake, overbored throttle body, etc.).