Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydraulic clutch and body lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by madmike, Jul 2, 2003.

1. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I just had a frightening thought. I will be installing my new engine and converting from manual clutch linkage to hydraulic. My truck also has a 3" body lift on it.

I've got all the parts for the conversion, and I just bought a new hydraulic line that runs from the clutch master cylinder down to the slave cylinder on the bell housing.

Is this line length a critical issue, since I have a body lift? Will it reach? If it doesn't, how can I solve this potential problem? Thanks for any answers!

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If it doesnt reach, just get a longer hose. The length of the hose is not critical. Any place that makes hydraulic hoses could make a longer one for you.

3. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Well, you're right, its just that I was hoping someone could tell me through experience whether or not it was long enough now. Long story, but my truck is 3 hrs away at my parents, where I'm installing the engine. I only have a long weekend to do it in, and I want to have everything I'm gonna need in one spot, at least the critical stuff. But, thanks anyway.

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

there is a fair bit of room to work with.
    my tranny is very low and I have a 2" bodylift and I havent had any trouble.