Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydraulic clutch guys.. help, pics needed.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Jun 9, 2005.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well i'm in the middle of getting the 465/205 all buttoned up and a master cylinder installed.. i need to fab a bracket to hold the slave cylinder i ordered..

Here is burt 4x4's setup that i am doing something along the lines of..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So heres my question:
    My clutch fork is not like burts in those pictures. mine is the later stlye that is offset __/---- and doesn't have any holes in, just a recessed dimpled area for a pushrod?
    Any of you guys have pics of a hydro clutch slave cylinder setup with one of those offset clutch forks?

My two options are: pull the tranny back out and find the straight style clutch fork with holes to install...
    OR deal with this clutch fork i have and i guess drill a hole in it already installed in the truck, and fab a bracket that will put my slave cylinder that couple of inches farther forewards.. which will make it closer to the headers.. i don't really like that idea...
    So i'm thinking unless someone has a picture to show me a better idea i might be looking for a straight clutch fork like burts tommorow?
    I'd like to get this thing buttoned up and finished this weekend... thanks in advance. :cool1:

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ryan I have the offset fork and the straight fork is when you use the cast bell housing IE non hydro..
    I dont see why you cant mod the push rod to work like Steve did..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the lower pic the curved one is the non hydro and the straight one is the hydro arm

I would think it all depends on where you mount your Slave cyl :D
    I will shoot you a pic of mine in the morning time..

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

FYI ~ My fork is all castiron. The pics Mike posted look like stamped steel?

Oh and you don't want that slave mounted to thin steel cuz there is alot of pressure when the rod pushes the TO bearing in. My bracket has a slight 'flex' to it when the rod pushes the clutch in. So if'n you do build yer own bracket just make sure it has some BEEF to it :D :D

Just Haller if you need more....good luck :D

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the help guys... Everyone who didn't reply, you suck. :rotfl:

Yesterday i tracked down the straight style clutch fork with holes that is shown in burts setup... It looks pretty beefy and cast, it was around $40. :crazy:
    Last night i pulled the 465/205 back out, pulled the bellhousing back off, changed the clutch fork, and started fabbing a bracket to hold the slave cylinder. the bracket is gonna be all 1/4" plate so hopfully won't flex much at all..
    I didn't have any room to try and drill a hole in my other clutch fork, so it was easiest to swap clutch forks to the straight one that will be cake to rig up a hydro slave cylinder to.
    I wanted a hole in the clutch fork for the pushrod to bolt to... I could have rigged it up where the pushrod would just be sandwiched between the recessed areas in the fork and slave cylinder, but i wanted to be sure that i would NEVER lose that pushrod somewhere. (so its bolted to the clutch fork now) :cool:
    It is coming together. :cool:
    Hopefully be back on the road after tommorow. we'll see. back to gettin greasy under the rig....