Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydraulic Clutch

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLAZEN70, Mar 15, 2002.

1. BLAZEN70

BLAZEN70 Registered Member

When i first got my 70k5 i had nothing but trouble with the clutch. Rods kept breaking, etc... . Currently doing research on swapping to hydraulic. So far, doesn't look to be " too hard". I've already read the previous posts and checked out the links. Has anyone else tried it or has more info? What brands of master and slave cylinders to use etc... . Do i need to change the clutch fork?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'm using the GM factory slave/master setup. i got a complete setup including the bell housing that supports the slave cylinder. should not be a problem to fab one up if you don't have it. plus is that you can get these hydrolic parts anywhere.
    the only problem i've run across is the hose, it has a bubble flare which no one seems to make at the local hose shops, so i guess i'm gonna have to bend the factory one.

ARQ.

3. BLAZEN70

BLAZEN70 Registered Member

Thanks for the info.