Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydraulic Floor Jack

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by okie k5, Jun 5, 2005.

1. okie k5

okie k5 Registered Member

Does anyone know anything about hydraulic floor jacks. I looked at this one I got for free and I can't figure out what it's problem is. You can raise the jack roughly 2 strokes before the it stops working full stroke. After 5 strokes total you can't get it any higher. I have filled the fluid and I have cycled it 8 or 9 times each time refilling the fluid after. It is Hein Warner (sp) and is a pretty robust jack. I just need to get it working.

2. texas78k5

texas78k5 Registered Member

Are you sure the release valve(lowering thinggy) is closed all the way?

3. okie k5

Release Vavle Thing

I am pretty sure it is closed It will hold weight at whatever height it is at.

4. Wes Harden

Wes Harden Registered Member

good jack

Hien warner are nice jacks even if you have to spend $100.00 to get it fix it's worth it. When my little 1 1/4 ton HW was stolen the insrunce comp valvued it $1200.00 that was 15 years ago on 30 year old jack.
    Only thing I can think off is to greese all the arms and piviot point, check to make sure nothing is bent or binding. One question is the hyralic cylinder single or double acting. If double acting the the oil on the top/ram side may be blocked by a bad check valve. If single acting the ram cup may leaked to much fluid past it, and as you apply pressure it's dead heading agianst the oil trapped above the cup.
    Good luck let us know what you find.
    Wes :o

5. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

check the fluid you just put in the jack and look for contamination; water, rust, pieces of the seals, if it will hold a load the piston is ok, you are probably leaking pressure in the pump. go for a new seal kit if you can find one or go to an auto parts store and match up your orings.(metric i think for heinwarner)

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I agree... my last jack leaked fluid and after so long... it would only go up so far.. add more fluid and worked fine... just threw it out as it was getting annoying with the leak all over my garage...

7. okie k5

Thanks for the info

I found a company called Blackhawk that offers a rebuild kit for it. It is like $65 so I think I will probably do that. Thanks for all the input.