Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro assist hose building

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Aug 16, 2005.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Has anyone made their own hydro assist hoses using aeroquip ends and green 1500 psi hose? I have a supply of 1/4" at the shop I can use. Thanks

2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'd say unless you make the stuff for customers all the time, go to your local Napa or other chain-parts-house, and have them make the hydro hose for you. Our local Napa makes all of our hydro hoses for our flatbeds, so I know they work.

3. MNorby

I make hoses for our hydrolics at work for out trucks and trailers but just curious if anyone has used the screw together aeroquips for steering setup

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Is that 1500 working or 1500 burst? If burst then no. If the hose is intended for those fittings then I'd say go for it.

One note of concern though, 1/4" is too small. Tom Lee, of Lee PS, says 3/8" (or -6) and NO sharp 90* fittings. Use the tube style 90's.

5. MNorby

Yeah its the fitting made for that style hose. I'll try it an see but I personally can't see any problems myself. I guess 1/4" x 48" or so.