Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro Assist--How long are your lines?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pcorssmit, Mar 5, 2002.

1. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

For those with hydro assist, how long are your lines? About how much lift do you have and did you tap the caps or the side of the box?

Pete

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Mine, the fitting are on the sides, and I don't know the exact length of the hoses, but I believe they're about 2ft or so each. I have about 4" to 5" susp. and flex like a mofo /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I was hoping to order everything at once, but I'm starting to think I'll just order the ram and the fittings, get them mounted, and then do the lines. I'm more concerned (time-wise) about getting the ram.

Pete

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Not a problem. I think the most time consuming part of it was positioning the mounting tabs at the correct place, to allow full ram travel. Once that's out of the way, it's all gravy from there. (actually, I believe you're doing the weld/tapping of the box yourself....I'm too much of a wuss to do that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif )....I'm sure that'll take some time. Good luck.
    Boss
    ps, I would get about maybe 5 feet of hose and work from there. The more I really think about it, The more I'm starting to think my hoses are more than 2ft long.