Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro assist ram problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by M-1028, Apr 6, 2005.

1. M-1028

M-1028 1/2 ton status

Hey guys
    I bought a hydroassist setup about 8 months ago from West Texas Offroad. It worked awsome with no problems. About a month ago, after doing high steer, I trashed the ram due to tie rod failure. So I bought a new ram from WTOR and it is smaller in size than the old one. I didn't think anything about it and installed it. All I can say is my steering dosen't have nearly the power it use to, so I called them up and they basically say I am out of luck because that is there new design and was ment more for street driving. Now I have had great success with these guys and loved the way the first system performed, but I shelled out $160 for the new ram and it just plain sucks compaired to the old one. What should I do?
    Thanks

2. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

Well the smaller ram will give you less turning power, that's the way it works. Though it should actually respond quicker. As far as WTOR, I haven't dealt with them, but from what i've heard that response is suprising, everyone else i've talked to has had pretty good luck with their support. I'd see if they'd take the one you bought back for a refund and just go buy a ram the same size as the old one from northern or some other supplier. I'd definitly mention to them that you are a member here, it might pull some weight.

3. M-1028

M-1028 1/2 ton status

I was affraid that would be my only option. I have had great success with them and there product, until now.