Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro-boost anyone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BadDog, Mar 30, 2001.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Ok, I give up, setting this hydro-boost on a 350 is more trouble than it’s worth. I just tried to swap brackets and mount the hydro-boost pump on my 350 and found out that the reservoir is about 1/4 to wide on the top left so I can't line up the bracket/pump bolts. I was considering grinding a slot in the braked to clear the tank pinch weld when I realized that it is also almost 1/4" too thick at the top so the back of the tank will hit the AC bracket on the head. I wasn't completely sold on the HB anyway so I've decided it is not worth trying to work out the problems. Does anyone know of an easy solution?

If there is no easy solution I have overlooked, here is the deal, any of you guys near Phoenix (or wherever if you don't mind paying shipping) that want/need a hydro-boost, I've got the pump, good lines, and the booster along with a bracket and pulley for the 6.2/6.5. Ideally, I would like to trade it for a vacuum booster (do you own a diesel with a gasser parts truck?) or sell it for enough to buy one.

I've got a feeling that a hydro-boost would cost a bit more than the vacuum unit at a bone yard so I this should be a good deal if anyone wants it. If you don’t want it but have some idea what it’s worth, I would appreciate that info too...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

2. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

I'm in need of a new hydro boost pump. In fact, I could use it all if we can work something out. I'm in Richmond, VA. It would take some time, though, as I'm recovering from some nasty repair bills(the K5 alone took $600). But, if you wanna work toghether, I could use that stuff. How many miles on it?

3. BadDog

Beats me, I just bought the truck without the diesel and I'm putting in a TBI 350 so I don't need it. Since it works (at least it is not leaking and the guy said it worked before the diesel died) and is complete I thought I would just use it until I ran into the pump/bracket problem.

As far as waiting, I wanted to go ahead and get this done so I can use my truck but that is probably still weeks away. If no one wants this thing then I’ll just buy a vacuum booster when I get around to needing it and set this thing on a shelf or something. So, I guess, if no one else claims it or trades me for it I’ll have it when your ready...

BTW, since this is not on the "for sale" board, anyone interested in making a deal should probably send me a "private message" using this board or my email. If you have suggestions about how I might make this work short of making my own brackets (just not worth it) then reply here.

Bad Dog

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Mine has that corner of the bracket grinded out.. It works fine now..

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

"He who uses a winch...... Is tired of yankin!"

5. BadDog

What about the AC support bracket behind the tank? Is it also ground off?

Bad Dog

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sorry, I dont have AC....

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

"He who uses a winch...... Is tired of yankin!"