Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro boost conversion on a 75 1 ton

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 75 1 TON, Jun 8, 2006.

1. 75 1 TON

75 1 TON Newbie

can anyone tell me what year hydro boost brake booster and master cylinder is best for 42 in tires( best braking) I have vacuume now and both master and booster is bad... also do you need a different pump??? thanks in advance for the help....75 one ton

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

any 3/4 or 1ton will work and get all the p/s pump stuff with lines. but make sure you have dubble 45 flare lines to match up to your old style box. the 80s went oring style. but if planing crossover great time to upgrade to 2x4 box to match.

and just basic bolt on and blead both systems proporly. only thing needed was remove brake pedel bracket and pop out the 2 studs from the vac system and bolt on the hydro stuff.

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I used a half ton hydroboost setup...You can "T" the return lines and use your old pump, but some people have had issues doing that, including myself. I ordered a reman HB pump, and the two return line nipples improved the performance of my braking.

The pedal assembly I used (off a HB truck) had a different mount position for the master cylinder rod, and the rod was a different length than the vacuum setup. I recommend getting the pedal and rod when you get the HB unit. Some have used their old pedals, without problems, but I bought the whole thing while I was at the junkyard - I told him from the pedal to the pump.

4. 75 1 TON

75 1 TON Newbie

thanks for the info guys,but what advantage is the 2x4 stering box??I am planing to get all the parts from advanced auto parts..not one junk yard around here has what I need.Again thanks a lot.....Mark

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

only need the 2x4 box if doing crossover steering swap.