Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro boost install question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Nov 25, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I started the swap today, one more thing that I have no idea what I am doing. When I pulled the old unit off it had something connected to it that looked like it was taking vaccum from the side of it. The one ton I put on has a spot that looks like it would be perfect for it but has a plastic thing with two tits on it. Am I suppose to pry it out and plug in what I took off the old one? Sorry for a the "technical" words. I can try to take some pics tommarow but I know one of the smart people can help. thanks

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

The vacuum line going to the old one was your vacuum power booster, now that you'r going hydroboost, you can take that line off, back to the carb, and plug it. I have a hydroboost unit in my garage right now, but there's a viscious dog down there who wants to kill me, so I can't take a look at it to see the plastic titties, but I don't think you need to mess with it. Hydro-boost doesn't need any vacuum.

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

anyone else?

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Leave the plastic plug with the two tits on it where it is. On my stock K30 it doesn't go to anything.