Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro-boost pedals

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnychimpo, Jul 20, 2006.

1. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

I'm converting to hydro-boost in my '79 K20 4spd. How can I tell any differences in 1/2-3/4ton vs 1ton brake pedal assemblies? I have searched the forums and know that a set from a 1ton will give more piston travel ,but after pulling some from a K30 4spd I found that the truck had been converted from auto to man.So I'm not sure what they came out of. Anybody help me out so I don't have to pull my current pedals just to compare. Pics maybe?

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I pulled the pedal on the donor truck I had for hydro boost to find that it was identical to the pedal I had in my 89 K5, so I threw it away

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

When I converted the pedals were different, so I just used everything from the donor.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The pedal for a hydroboost is mostly the same as a vacuum, but the hinge point for the booster connection is about an inch farther up. I would not say it's 1/2-vs-3/4-vs-1-ton so much as vac-vs-hydro ... remember, the diesels came with hydro in 1/2 and 3/4's.

If you don't have them side by side they look damn identical, but as I discovered, they ain't :doah:

-- A

5. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

Thanks dremu, I'll get out the measurin' stick and check before I pull the ones in my truck.

6. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Thats what I did, and why I used the one from the 1/2 ton diesel the system came from.