Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro-boost pumps

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1986K10, Nov 14, 2006.

1. 1986K10

1986K10 Registered Member

Hi there. Was wondering if anybody out there knew if the hydro-boost pumps off a 6.2 diesel and a 350 gas were the same pump. I'm replacing my blown 6.2 with a 350 and figured it would be cheaper and easier to just get the 350's brackets from the dealership. Unfortunately, after almost an hour talking to the guy at the parts counter he couldn't tell me if the pumps are the same or not. Any info would help. Thanks

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Didn't know 350's were offered with hydroboost.

Oh, maybe a 1 ton. I am pretty sure a hydrobosot pump is a hydroboost pump, and only the brackets differ.

So, let's look at PartsAmerica.com (Kragen, Schuck's, Checkers)...

1985 C30 with a 350. Pump is Cardone 208715, and has the two return lines so it's hydroboost for sure.

Same 1985 but with a diesel, same part #, 208715. I would say yep, the pumps are the same.

I can get you the part numbers for the brackets if your dealer guy can't figger it out... I have the parts books here and ... well, let's just say that I went through that for my 454 when I found the PO had cracked the brackets somehow :eek1:

-- A

3. 1986K10

Thanks, Dremu!! I guess I should have come here in the first place. I'd appreciate those part numbers if it wouldn't be too much trouble, it'll get me one step closer to being back on the road.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Well, the stuff I have is only good through '78, which may throw a monkey wrench in the works. Didn't think of that till just now :doah:

A good dealer, btw, will have these same pictures in the computer... 'cuz these are straight from a dealer parts book, back when they had books =))

Anyway, here's the scans, to give you an idea of what to look for. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that yours is an '86, which prolly means the part #s I have are gonna be wrong :(

http://www.slosh.com/ck5/350ps1.jpg

http://www.slosh.com/ck5/350ps2.jpg

-- A

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

When I swapped in my 350 to replace the 6.2, I had some issues using the 6.2 p/s pump. I had to weld up my own brackets. I didn't think to hit the junkyard for a 1-ton 350 donor. That's what I'd do if I were you. Or make your own brackets.

It's the larger reservior that was the problem. Some trucks have remote reservoirs. Mine was the normal part of the pump setup.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Van...

A G-30 1 ton van usually has hydroboost brakes,and 350 gas motors..also have a remote P/S resiviour setup too...a good vehicle to cannibalize the hydro-boost pump and brackets from..:crazy:

7. 1986K10

Wow, thanks guys. Never thought about getting one from a van...hmm. By the way, forgot to mention, my pump does have the remote reservoir on it.