Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro boost questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CST-30, Dec 16, 2001.

1. CST-30

CST-30 Registered Member

I am about ready to do the hydro boost conversion on my 69, I went out and got everthing needed off a 79 1 ton including the steering box since I am going to do a crossover conversion at the same time, what I need to know is does it bolt right up to the fire wall or does it have to be redrilled and the rod that hooks up to the brake pedal is it the right length or does it have to be modified.

72 K-5 cst blazer 2 1/2 lift 33" bfg's
    69 custom 30 longstepside 4x4 6" lift 36" directionals
    87 K-5 stock

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I just went thru all this a few weeks ago. One of the threads I found asked about 1st gen. I dont think an answer was ever determined, whether it would bolt right on. I cleared out my favorite threads list today and cleared the Hydro boost ones I had. Do a search, and you will come up w/ several posts to check out. When you do your search, there was one where the Hydro was spelled Hydra I think. Also spell it hydro-boost and hydro boost. The hyphen made a difference for me.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>