Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hydro-boost

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mojo-jojo, Mar 3, 2005.

1. mojo-jojo

mojo-jojo 1/2 ton status

Any one care to list pro/cons of the hydro boost brake system, compared to the stock vacuum boost. I have a complete hydro system off an 82 C-30 that I'm thinking of swapping into my 89 burb. The burb already has a 44 and 14 from a 78 K-20 with the master, booster and prop valve. Braking is OK but I think it could be better. All calipers, wheel cylinders and spring hardware is new. Tires are 315/75 16s.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i love my system. its a little harder to push at first from vac brakes. but when you get used to it you will love it. only 2 problems is no assist is p/s belt is thrown, or hard turn and brakes at same time you will loss some assist in both.

if you swap just unbolt and remove the 2 studs in fire wall bracket and bolt up and blead and go. there is a specific blead for hydroboost when system is open to air, like changing lines or other work. but its easy to do.

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I invite you to read the hydroboost thread I posted in tech...

4. M-1028

M-1028 1/2 ton status

I have discs all around and hydro-assist with the factory hydro boost and it works great.