Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro brakes, two pumps?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mpascino, Jun 10, 2002.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Okay so I have a hydro boost installed on my blazer. My question is this, can I run two powersteering pumps any way? Right now, I am worried that with the hydrolic ram, steering box, and hydro boost my one steering pump aint gonna cut it. Is it possible to block of the high pressure output from the hydro boost so I can run a seperate pump just for it? I'm at a stand still with this. Any input is appricated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

pressure = restriction

with that line run back to reservior would it act like a return line?

3. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

KISS

Will you be using the ram, brakes and steering simultaneously, and for an extended period of time? If not, I would take my chances with a big (BIG) PS fluid cooler. Suerte...

4. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Re: KISS

Well, parking the truck comes to mind when I think of steering and braking at one time. I have a hydro boost on my suburban and I do notice a difference is steering power when I am using the brakes. I guess I am just gonna try it and see if I think it's dealable. The odd thing about the cooler.....I've been driving around all day, to the point where I notice a change in my powersteering abilities. I would have thought the fluid would have been very very hot, but I can stick my finger in the pump reservor and not get burnt. I do have cooler for it but something seems fishy.
    thanks,
    Mike

5. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

HB is good

I assume you are using a HB pump, one that will put out 1350 psi or more. Did you bleed the HB system properly? Are your hoses in good shape? I suggested a cooler because I thought you were talking about the pump not being able to handle the load of the 3 components - if you have a problem, you need to test each component individually. Suerte...