Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hydro clutch install problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beater_k20, Jun 12, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i was just out working on my rig (i know, big surprise), and i started to put the hydro clutch pedals in place of the stock auto pedals. i put the master cylinder in the location that i thought we had put Tim's in when we did his a few months back (hole formerly filled with cruise control wiring) and tried to hook up the actuator rod to the pedal. in doing so, i have to put the pedal all the way to the floor in order to get it to hook on the pin on the pedal. this leaves me with no travel in the pedal in order to push it in. i've got an idea of where it goes, but i want to make sure before i start cutting up my firewall. if anyone has pics of your master cylinder mounting, if you could post them, i would greatly appreciate it.

2. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

I believe the later cabs have dimples in the firewall from the factory to indicate where it should mount. Chevy started with hydraulic in '85, but I converted an '84 and the dimples were there. Look for two dimples at an angle to match the clutch master cylinder's mounting holes, then drill them out and you're all set.